• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More on the "experts"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on the "experts"

Grade 11 environmental science teacher was telling the daughters class that the pollution in the lakes is because farmers use of fertilizer and chemicals. She didn't respond in class but clearly seen a problem with the laying of the blame on farmers. Her response to me was it's all these smart guys behind the desks that came up with this stuff and then blame the "farmer" for using them and damaging their environment.
    It's a small town school but still most of the class is town kids who don't know first hand what we do to produce a crop and the science behind it but at the first opportunity are taught that agriculture is "bad". I think we are getting a bad rap here, i might feel some regret if I was getting filthy rich at the expense of the environment but I'm not, just scraping bye, ultimately the ones profiting the most are more guilty of harming the environment.

Pretty sure ground is going to be white here, 1.5 six feet off he ground in the yard

Good points.
    But why is this happenning? It's happenning because there is a disconnect between what we are paid and what society wants to pay us to grow our crop a certain way.

The USA and Europe have farm programs that support their farmers we have a joke for a program good for crooks and the odd legitimate situation for people that don't need support. 4 bumper crops then a loss.

I just lost my crop or what I had last night with the frost. Hundreds of thousands of dollars last night and what am I covered for? Next to fk all for the real loss not the average of ten years of which 7 were terrible but the real loss.

But were brain washed into thinking go it alone, hope yiur neighbor has shit weather so you can take it over and call yourself successful even though all it was better weather.

Yep go it alone and compete against the USA and China. Can't we see what that's doing? And the fkrs like walls buddies cashing in on no programs and a sell out policy. Complete joke.

Comment

That sucks rider
      Did a drive around here and 0 is as low as she got on the truk ,

Comment

If its a Dodge truck thermometer....it could very well be reading a full 3 degrees Celcius too high.

When you are dealing with tenths of a degree; you need to be able to trust the measuring apparatus.

Just how many thermometers (or anything else) has ever been checked for calibration?

Comment

The old grain bag I through over the pumpkins was froze the leaves underneath , mind you it was a cheaperbag .

Comment

Frost sparkling on the grass here in the yard at 12:30 AM (When I walked in from the field). White all over still at 7:00 AM.

Comment

All thermos are MADE in China, maybe only accurate over there? Poly insulate gardens ZERO, been there tried that.

Comment

for what its worth gardens as of 4 pm show no to minimal signs of frost here, tisdale area and north.
                tonight is expected to be about the same temps as last night.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...