• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer prices

So the game carries on... The input suppliers are pushing to book fert already.
    Of course now the exchange is the reason for increase from last year.

What are prices being quoted for fert??

I'm getting $525 for 46-0-0, $775 for phos,
    $430 sulphur and $475 potash

That's to book it now and pay at year end.

We should all be hobbyfrmr farmers then they could put the inputs in places where the sun don't shine. And actually sell our products to people who want to pay a fair price for the food they eat!

When I asked a while back they were about $510-520 for N. And $800 for P. Don't remember the S price and didn't ask about k.

Comment

Hey man, that doesnt make me bad people.

Comment

No, just smart people.

Imagine all the parasites that would die!

Comment

Booked 46 at $520..But of course the price has just gone up again...

Comment

Grain prices going down fert going up. I'm so *** tired of this game !!!!

Comment

Talked to a buddy in south Carolina tonight, get this, his retailer blamed "the Canadians"for the price increase. Bring the Chinese crap urea I'll deal with it. Taking it in the ass is getting old

Comment

Ya but we make it here so keep doing your part farmers to pay higher for fertilizer and oil we make right here so other parts of the economy can brag how good it is.

Wait a minute?

Comment

Hopefully NH3 stays in low 50's/high 40's through October.

Comment

Well the crop laying out and the fact that it's soaked and the forecast isn't looking good...
                    Fert is the last thing I want to deal with but at the same time don't want to pay anymore than we have to.
                    So yeah this game gets tiring once in awhile alright.

Comment

Had this talk with two managers the other day.

The first one started telling me how fertilizer is priced out of Nola. I stopped him and told him it made no sense because canada exports fertilizer from belle plaine. It's gouging or collusion.

The second guy was a little more undestanding. After telling me they were not paying for protein after 11 percent on durum he asked how much fertilizer I would like to buy? I said what for. He laughed and said exactly.

Both funny but the higher fertilizer goes the less I buy. Maybe more lentil seed.

Most guys know some of their fertilizer is still in the ground.

You don't grow under 10 bpa with high protein on a patchy crop that got killed at the 3rd leaf without something still being there.

Comment

Farmaholic,

I am no smarter than anyone. I just got so disgusted with the ag industry that I realized I did not want to be part of it and figured out a different way. It is not better, mathematically it is very similar, its just a different business model that acknowledges that producers are a valuable part of their success....so far.....
                        Plowdown year Fertility and weed management still cost me $130.00/acre.I try to generate 2 crops from that. Organic is not just a bit of fuel and some of my time! Plus, I have to take what I "get" at harvest time. Plenty of similarities with less "rules of engagement " with retailers and line companies .
                        The best story I ever heard was a retailer describing to 15,000 acre farmer that the fertilizer prices were going to remain high because China and India were stepping into the market. Those governments have billions of people to feed, they know it is cheaper to buy more fertilizer to produce more food on their own soil, than it is to import grains from other countries.
                        Driving home I realized it was just another version of "my Dad is bigger than your Dad" childhood conversation!
                        The art of conversation.

Comment

Phos is at $790 and $805 at 2 places..Sucks..Last yr we paid $715???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...