• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devils Trumpit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have personally seen someone affected by Devils trumpet. it is a very powerful plant..scary stuff.

QUOTE "Those who experiment with it for hallucinogenic effect can suffer disorientation, blurred vision, a dry mouth and incontinence. Overdoses can result in death." END QUOTE

Comment

This in the comment section of Western Seducer:

"T leduc area • 3 days ago
      Devils trumpet is sold locally in Alberta as " Datura " in many bedding plant garden centers. We have had the plant for over 10 years by the side of the house. We have noticed 1 six foot plant in the field while swathing ( canola ) and 1 more in the back of our yard. Assuming birds have moved the seed. The reporter did a very good job of scaring farmers, rather than presenting facts and research. Yes, we will get rid of the plants, we all understand if there are hundreds of seeds per pod that there can be an infestation if the plant continues to grow ! Scare and blame, good tabloid article."

None in any of our fields of 135LL!

Comment

Willy,

"Brand new Clean land has been around for... how long?

No animals or wildlife ever were on that land?

You can't be serious...

Comment

You bet Tom...deadly serious. Cleavers were unknown in this area at that time and I never saw cleavers until they showed up in my canola field.

That batch of seed if I'm not mistaken came from Sweden.
          ====

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...