• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any clue on agriculture platforms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any clue on agriculture platforms

spent time on the combine today wondering listening to an agriculture commentator say there is precious little talk about farm policy during the election so far. i went on-line to see what the parties are saying, and it's mostly nothing. i can't find anything on liberal web-site, the conservatives are only mentioning what they have already done...CWB etc., and the NDP are saying they'll pledge a billion dollars to something, but won't say what. there must be someone with political connections out in agriville country. kindly share with this old stubble jumper what you stand for, so we can at least think it over. Or is agriculture so much a non-factor now in the political world that it doesn't even rate a few lines in a pamphlet.

Exactly, we don't matter till the chain suffers, not on any radar, always felt left out. They are dictated by rail, chem, Fert and grain co's. So all is well, for that bunch, passing on ALL their costs, making $$$!

Comment

I think that way at times as well, but I worry about ag getting too much coverage and then having it swing the other way when times get tough. I worry of when the time comes that farmers won't be able to claw back the GST on farm expense purchases. Or you need a driver's licence and special training to drive a tractor/combine.

Comment

The Con's Ag platform has been more like a gallows for the Producer. Sad part is it didn't do what it was supposed to so we'll be left hanging and have to die a slow agonizing death by strangulation.

Comment

By a thousand cuts from every supplier/buyer we NEED to deal with.

Comment

Look at all the good things the conservatives have invested in on our behalf under growing forward 2.

Just another reason to boot these guys out.

No vision for a party that counts on/abuses/takes for granted farmers votes.

Comment

I see Cons ad is working. Trudeau just not ready, was in first place in overnight polls. What is the old axiom, any publicity is good publicity. Liberals have said ag. programs need rework. Somehow I don't think Mulcaire is the people's choice. Never had a Prime Minister with a beard, silly as that might seem. He has no real vision for growing the nation.

Comment

to be honest, i want to hear from the three parties on their ideas for business risk management. that's what affects this farm directly. crop insurance, agristability, agrinvest. i'm thinking agristability and agrinvest are toast whoever gets in. but so far all we have is crickets.

Comment

Overall I would like to see someone with a plan to build infrastructure for a 7mmt crop, 15 mmt of potash, x amount of oil etc.

It can't go on the highways.

That is where canada will grow. Not with bypasses around cities.

Comment

For what it is worth, Canadian Federation of Agriculture is hosting a debate on agriculture September 30. In Ottawa but I think broadcast on CPAC. Likely available as a video clip later. Has been posted on Twitter. You can google for more information.

Comment

thanks charliep. if the weather cooperates, we should be done by then. i might try and find it.

Comment

70 mmt crop not 7.

Comment

Good points bucket!!! You would get my vote!!!

Comment

I looked at which countries have passed Upov 91 into law. It is quite long US, Austrailia, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden and the list goes on. Many on here including myself are not a big fan of this legislation but Canada was far from the first to pass it into law.

Comment

Doubt any government will do much to change business risk management programs.
                              Canada and U.S. are more in line with agristability and crop insurance programs than in past.
                              Entitlement Agrinvest payment goes back to Deifenbaker government of 1950's, still popular even after NISA program which had more qualifiers.
                              Days are gone when farmer voting strength was important though supply management people have been able to stretch them out through Canadian Federation of Agriculture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...