• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well forecast here gives us till midnight..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well forecast here gives us till midnight..

Then wet three days again, might be time for a fishin trip.
    Wheat yesterday started at 17 down to 15.5 then shot up again by 7:30 pm
    Should finish today then clean up potholes.
    Then just canola left.
    Lots of canola started yesterday , anywhere from 11.5 to 13. One local elevator taking canola at 12 or under. There will be a steady stream of trucks heading there today.
    The grain trains are coming but very little crop is coming off now. Will be interesting by late next week to see what premiums may show to try to fill these trains. I would guess the elevators will be sweeping floors before we get back on the combines after this next three day rain/shower event. There should be lots of elevator space by the end of Sept I would think.

Canola under 10 by 3pm, under 8 by midnight thanks to 65% humidity and a breeze. Standing wheat 19.5-17.5, swathed barley still 23 due to sprouts. Nobody tried swathed wheat, so why swath it?
    Got one more day, WOW no stress...

Comment

Swathed cereals sprouting. Canola not ready, not even close. Today a few guys might try. Nasty.

Comment

If I had to choose I'd rather lose a standing crop over a swathed crop in early September. Sprouting is bad in the swaths.

Comment

Canola 8.7 today at 1. Neighbors straight cutting barley testing 14 and lower. Round up on barley just over 2 weeks ago. My barley still standing is malt so no round up. To many greens waiting for dryer weather to swath the barley.

Comment

Every one combining, dry or not, forecast just can't miss with a rain ! Fields have muddy spots, not enough to bury anything but a truck. Canola at 7-8%, yield all over the map.

Comment

Pasteur no pre harvest herb straight cutting running 60ish, 14.8 moist, 16.5 moist yestarday

Comment

Dropped combine once. Muskrat hazzard.

Comment

Will finish tomorrow on last 1/4.. Been a good run, no complaints.. Far better crop than what we were expecting. Thinking about going on a harvest run of sorts to help out anyone that might need someone for a few days. I can pretty much do it all.. References available on request.. Any takers ??

Comment

Wanna run a lexion in 700 acres of standing canola in 10 days?

Comment

The man has standards Klause. I don't know If he could stoop quite that low.

Comment

now that was funny.

Comment

John Deere is the most successful "self promoting brand marketing agency" that happens to sell farm equipment as a side line.

Comment

Some bleeding green guys probably even have JD underwear. You can buy JD everything. In some cases its the name/reputation that sells it and the illusion its ALWAYS the best because its JD.

Comment

Drove red combines for 20 years and I get accused of having standards .. Still no takers hhmmmm .. Going once .... Going twice .....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...