• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organic Grain Screenings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic Grain Screenings

Can you supply car load quantities of organic grain screenings for animal feed?

A company would be interested in a clock price for 1-2 rail cars per week.

Parsley

Parsley, I can't resist. Saw a package of organic rolled wild oats the other day in a specialty store. My conclusion: "There is no such thing as "organic grain screenings for animal feed". Too bad I can't remember the brand name. Seems to me the package said "Product of U.S.A." Know anything about it?

Comment

hold that a moment...you saw organic oats and thought, "Parsley!"

I'm sure if u googled organic oats, you could find that sole processor who's label you read in the store.....

Your question is like the poverbial American who asks if I know his wife's first cousin in Montreal!

Parsley

Comment

Actually, Parsley, it was organic rolled "wild" oats! Actually it was the "wild" that made me think of you. Grin.

Comment

satellite spying, are we?....

you must have watched me drive the Yamaha "Rhino"

and did u buy the oats?
          (or were u just sowing them?)

and what was the price of them?

Parsley

Comment

Nope, too old for the sewing wild oats. That was 3 decades ago and "no" I didn't buy them. Was just surprised at the product. The shop didn't have a price but the package looked like about two liters.

I remember several years ago that Quaker, no a Pepsico subsidiary, was marketing rolled wild oats right next to their old-fashioned rolled oats. I bought some of those and didn't find any taste difference between the two.

Comment

With such a keen observation being made by an Agri-ville expert then...it begs the question:

1. If wild oats taste the same as tame oats, why not just grow wild oats? The yields would be phenomenal, and you'd never have to sow them, and there would not be any patent fees!

Parsley

Comment

Wouldn't it be just as effective to advertise looking for weed seeds in bulk?

Comment

dalek, you are out of your league on this one. You require melvill's one-of-a-kind sense of humor to get a response.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...