• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Initial Price Increase coming!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Initial Price Increase coming!

Tomorrow the CWB will announce an initial price increase. Following are prices freight off to mid point Sask.

HRS 13 protein $6.49
    Durum $7.25
    Feed Barley $3.75
    Malt Barley $5.00

Oh wait a second that should have read.

HRS 13 $2.45
    Durum $2.68
    Barley $1.75
    Malt $2.10

You have got to love our useless Canadian System.
    Oh Dumb farmers You can take out a Cash Advance or Borrow money to pay for your inputs. We will hold your money because we know better. And for the Next two years dribble it back to you.
    Lets keep all those people working and you keep working for us.
    CWB News letter.

Saskfarmer
    You didn't mention the option of an EPO. You can be charged more money to receive the money that is rightfully yours in the first place. Imagine if that system was offered by a grain company. They would be lnyched.

Comment

And they will also come up with some screw brain excuse that it was applied for 3 months ago and does not reflect current market conditions. And that it is the federal governments fault.

Comment

Saskfarmer: Why is there cash advances for canola, pulses, and oats? What are the "initial payments" for these crops?

Opps I forgot, these are free market crops, where we can deliver 100% off the combine at the highest price of the year, no need to store these until May and June is there?

Comment

Benny their is no point debating you since its clear to all on this web site that you know everything.
          All the thread is discussing is how if we received more than pennies for our HRS and Durum as an initial we could pay for our cash advances in 1st quota call and then get a decent return for the rest of the year and get pennies in a final.
          For Canola its a tool (you should relate to tools) to get cash flow out of your crop and sell when you fell the price is right. Example last fall Canola $6.00 hey most farmers knew the crop wasn't as big as they were talking and the price was $8.50 in January. Take cash advance sell product for extra $2.50.
          But the CWB comes out with ridiculously low initials thus driving down feed prices for Barley wheat etc.

Comment

I'm glad there is cash advance on non-board crops. Takes a little of the extra harvest pressure off prices of canola, rye, etc.

Comment

benny, the initial price for those crops is 100% of the market price at the time of sale in which the producer gets 100% of the money. Sell as much as needed for bin space/ some payments then take out a cash advance if needed.

Comment

Saskfarmer: havent you ever enrolled in a minimum price canola or oat price contract with AU, SWP, PIO, Paterson Cargill, etc where they pay you a minimum price at delivery (lets refer to this as an "initial payment") and then pay you more should the market prices go up later in the year (this is accomplished using options).

Sound like a CWB program???

All you do is bash bash bash the CWB, all negative, never positive.

Why is it I can haul most of my red winter off the combine to the CWB at an fixed price of 4.75/bu, while the non-boards are only bidding $4.05, less 70 cents if there is any trace of fusarium in it?

I, and most CWB supporters on this site never bash the private trade as you do the CWB.

We realize the most efficient marketing system is to have a mixture of private enterprise along with strong farmer control of grain marketing, policy and logistics.

If I need say anymore, how much glyphospate is available in your area? My area is "sold out", although the retailers can still source Monsanto's WeatherMax at full retail value.

All the Factor540 and Maverick is no longer available. I can remember buying roundup for $32/L back in the 80's.

Do I need to prepare to pay this price in the 2010's?

What is your UAN NH3 and MAP prices? I thought natural gas futures dictated fertilier prices? Where is the competition?

Comment

FarmRanger: You are correct. Cash advances were developed for two reasons:

1. To provide cash flow for board grains and NONBOARD grains/oilseeds;

2. to reduce "of-the-combine" basis pressure for non-board crops.

Most anti-CWB'rs on this site think that once the CWB is gone, that they will be able to deliver all 20 MMT's of their export barley, durum, and wheat off the combine in August/September at top prices. They probably do not realize that this country has a limited weekly / monthly export capacity, not to mention that international buyers need supplies to flow for 12 months, they cannot store 12 months of supplies.

Try selling 8 MMT's of canola in August and see what happens to basis levels and elevator space.

Why doesnt Franny discuss some of these larger agricultural issues instead of simply googling GRAINLINE.COM to see what the USA spot price is in N.D. for wheat and comparing it to a one month old PRO value?

It seems he only quotes the US spot prices when convenient.

Comment

Benny said, "Most anti-CWB'rs on this site think that once the CWB is gone, that they will be able to deliver all 20 MMT's of their export barley, durum, and wheat off the combine in August/September at top prices."

Really? I never have, and I don't recall any of the other freedom loving posters here making that argument either.

Seems to me that straw dog argument always comes from the anti-choice crowd.

Maybe you can provide us with a link to back up that statement.

Comment

None of us have ever said that there aren't limits to what can be done at a particular time of year.

The point is that the market is much better at determining what should happen when and for how much than any central planning bureaucracy ever will be.

Those spot prices in North Dakota, Montana and Ontario keep showing it time and again. Less regulation = more money in farmers pockets.

And it doesn't require BennyHins consent for it to be true.

Comment

By the way what is stopping you from posting prices when its the other way around?

Oh yeah, nothing.

And what is stopping you and all of your like minded NFU friends from organizing your own little Canadian Canola Board, or Canadian Oat Board or heck go all the way a Canadian Grain Board?

Again nothing, you are perfectly free to do so in this country. No one would stop you, no one would put you in jail.

The reason you don't, is because you know in straight head to head competition your ideology doesn't translate into more money in farmers bank accounts.

Comment

Hey Benny not bad at all.

I hadn't realized it before but you've got two logical fallacies going on at the same time. You've presented a 'false dilema' as a 'straw dog'.

You get extra points for that!

Comment

Franny,

Benny wrote,

"We realize the most efficient marketing system is to have a mixture of private enterprise along with strong farmer control of grain marketing, policy and logistics."

Sooo... Benny has a 'false dilema' as a 'straw dog', and an admission that competition and choice is the best solution.

"Strong farmer control of grain marketing, policy and logistics" is most effectively achieved in a situation like we were in with barley July 30/07... and proof Benny is right came August first as prices crashed AFTER barley growers lost control of their own marketing logistics!

Comment

And who is this 'we'?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...