• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Progress/Early Crop Quality

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Central SK. Not much done here yet. Just finished swathing last 1/4 of Canola today. Straw for 50bu Canola, but those pods look to darn small to me, probably 35-40, barley early barley is coming in around 65, anything later anywheres from 85-90, my first barley will be this week, there is no malt in this neck of the woods!!

Comment

I to have to agree who the hell is done in August.
      SE Sask out of 8000 12% done
      Peas Flat on the ground thanks to 4 plus inches of hard rain.
      Running 40-60 slow going though.
      Swath Canola except for 3 late quarters still green, Thickest will be the last seeded. Big pods, out of 20 quarter it will be average to bellow heat hurt the early stuff. No 50 in our area.
      Early Barley is light. Later will be better.
      Durum #2 weight 61lbs their grading it two because of its weight. HA HA.
      Spring wheat any one who swath is a 2 Later looks like will make a 1 if it stays nice for one more week.

Comment

Mid west Sask.
        Rye 40 and new crop already seeded to new variety Hazlet almost no inputs and 3.60 at local pioneer
        Seeder loaded with winter wheat for when canola is off
        Finished Lentils the PM redberrys 25 robins a disappointing 17
        Yellow Peas done last week averaged 40-45 early seeded 60 late 30 next year will start on peas an keep going until done
        in side to side trial tag team out preformed the Becker Underwood stuff by 2 bu.
        Metcalf Barley 1/2 done looks good except protein may be high about 14 grader at Cargill thinks it might be selected as the weight is good and its off sounds like not much in the area. (a neighbor said we were too prideful this spring)
        Copeland and Xena look good no Sawfly
        CPSR and Durum 50% sawfly had to buy lifters for the swathers doing them in 60ft swaths acres will roll in then. Pinnacle Oats looks like a 60 too hot in July to make the 100.
        Canola looks like might make 25

all in all 40% finished good quality average to below average yields.

Comment

Rain. Southeast Sask.

Parsley

Comment

It has rained here at least every third day in august. Peas about 1/2 done yeilds - 30/55, some canola done south of the river 30bus range. Our winter wht, 60bus on first feild, 90 so far on second feild. Green peas are shot, yellows not bad.

Comment

How about we atleast give our RM name and numbers so that we have a general idea where the location is? What do others think? Agweb.com farmer crop comments all give their county names.I'm in Ponass Lake #367 and the harvest summary is close to free wheat's. Still way too wet. Cool showery the past week. Canola half swathed. Barley starting to be swathed. Winter wheat all tough if combined. Hoping for weather pattern change.

Comment

fjlip, I am in Sasman #336 kitty corner south-east of you. No wonder our harvest progress is about the same.

Comment

revision to Canola
                  did quite a chunk of canola in the last couple days go to 15-18 bpa call it CWB canola seems like there's lots there but once you look into it not so much....
                  Good thing dad and the brother held me back on selling another 5 bushels an acre or I might be sold out.
                  I read that Ag Canada is still predicting 28.4 If anybody is trading that number they might be in for a heart attack

Comment

Just talking to my brother about frost around Calgary Monday night. Anyone else?

Comment

3.2 but some frost on the dew in the grass and on windshield. Hope no damage in the crop. Garden is okay.

Comment

Wheat and Canola Harvest completed in our area,(rms of Thompson,Stanley and Pembina).Crop was average at best 40 for Spring Wheat 60 for Winter. Canola was all over the place for yield anywhere from 10 to 50 bpa. The area had 20-25 inches of rain from May 20-to July 15 so lots of water damage.

Comment

Note to Farmers,
                          If you have Canola DONT SELL OFF COMBINE!!!
                          The number will be lower than the 9.5 Stats Can is predicting.
                          IT WILL BE 8.78 or less.
                          WATCH AUSTRALIA> Canola is light with lots of dockage that is comming into most elevators. Dockage is shriveled seed not other weeds.

Comment

Framing in Albertie. Little if any harvest done to date. Seems we are all waiting for j frost to appear. Most crops still looking puke green yet. Average yield at best from the looks of tings. Hay and weed crops are best this year from the looks of it, yahhhhh cow guysssss/ galls.

Comment

Have just done some canola and barley swathing. Crops very poor in low lying areas with lots of weeds poking through. Mid slopes best but expecting barley and canola yields to be 2/3 of normal.

Comment

most of my canola is swathed. Any place it looks remotely like it is possible for it to be wet there is zero crop. Nothing but weeds. Late seeded crop is still very green.
                                Lucky to make 2/3's of a normal crop here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...