• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tools?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tools?

What are some new tools you guys are using for this harvest that you like.

I picked up a great half inch 24V cordless impact wrench from Princess Auto on a neighbors recommendation and love it. It was cheap $145.00 with tax's and has more torque than my air powered one.

A couple of years ago it was a cordless battery powered grease gun that took my fancy. Wound up being way handier than I thought it would be.

Also finally got around to putting my trimble autosteer on the swather this year. Should have done it two years, it works great and I just love looking at perfectly straight swath's.

I like my outback autosteer on my combine, really helps keeps you going longer in dusty conditions. I can let my 14 year old run the combine ,knowing that when I get back on later the straight cut row are still straight.

Comment

Gas powered leaf blower
      I usually blow out the engine compartment everyday or so. And it's easy to clean off that dead space infront of the centre canvas on the HoneyBee header.
      It's also good to blow all the chaff off the combine before a guy does any repairs, no more chaff down the shirt when he pulls off a guard.

Comment

Autosteer in the combine is about the best thing going. Dad thought it was a silly thing, but he can combine 3 hours longer, and I am not hearing him complain about a sore back anymore.

Comment

I put a backup camera in the grain box of my tandem. Now when I unload on the go, I can see where the grain is going, and not have to rely on cryptic hand signals. Not a bad investmest.

$90 bucks at Costco.

Comment

Not new but very handy is a headlamp. Keep both hands free when working at night or when you're greasing in a dark corner of the quonset.

Comment

Hey, guys or gals. What a refreshing change - posts without an insult or verbal punch thrown.

Love the ideas, BTW. Keep 'em comin'.

Comment

Just a warning about those cheap Wireless Back-up cameras. Their signal is not strong enough for them to be mounted on the back of a grain truck and for the the signal to make it inside the cab. I put one on the back of my single axle with a 15ft. box and the only time it works good is when the truck is in the shop.( I assume the signal bounces around inside the tin walls).

I'm thinking of mounting it inside the combine with a view of the sieves. I don't know if it would get too dusty in there for it to work or not. But it sure wold be nice to see how much the chaffer is loading up. And how even(IH Rotary)

Comment

I mounted my camera at the front of the box (I have a light mounted there for power), so signal loss is not an issue for me.

Comment

That's right,melvil!
                    Forget about the dollar a bushel your losing while being"saddled and ridden" to quote Jefferson.
                    I know its great to talk about production and gadgets.And important.

But our betters would love it if we would just forget about the big picture and talk about trifles.

Thats why they call us PRODUCERS under the cwb act.Not businessmen,not even'farmers'.
                    Our role is to produce.Period.

Comment

Lee,

There were three old gals at the parts counter when I was getting Honeybee parts today...

The oldest gal... she just couldn't resist telling The joke... at first I though she was going to chew someone out! Wrong Wrong... she was just intent on telling her joke and I was taking too long getting the parts!'

So she told it anyway!

There was two old gals sitting on a bench, kind of bored... watching folks come in and out of a flower shop... there was a contest on for the best flower display.

The one ole girl says to her freind... for five dollars... I am so bored... I would strip down and streak through that flower shop over there!

The other gal thinks for a second... pulls out 5 bucks and says... "Your On!"

The ole girl strips down, streaks through the flower shop... all of a sudden a great cheer goes up... and everyone starts clapping!

She comes back out of the Flower Shop... puts her clothes on and smiles!

Her freind asks... why was everyone cheering in there when you went in?

The ole gal said: They just awarded me the prize for "Best dried arrangement!"

A Special ... from the home town (L.A.) of Honest Eddie!

Comment

OK since everyone knows I hate the CWB here is our newest purchase.
                        Grain Bagger, 10,000 bushel bags for the Dirty grain and then clean out of them this winter in the Cleaning plant then into the bins.
                        Works excellent we use a 60Hp tractor to run it. It has its own conveyor to dump semis, tandems or Grain carts.
                        My US buyer of HRS and Durum wants cleaned loads.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea SKFarmer3. How do you get the grain out of the bags? And what about rodents?

Comment

Its thick Poly Bags same as silage, We have a plan to design a extractor this fall, if it works great if not we will have to borrow the neighbors extractor or buy one.

Comment

Bought a bagger,love it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...