• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmm??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm??

Checking our nearest US.elevators quotes for HRS,closed @ $6.05-6.15 US on friday. What caught my eye was a basis of as low as $.56. The lowest "basis" in S.Manitoba is around 1.45 off the CWB posted fpc.
    Not sure it is only the CWB THAT NEEDS A CHANGE.
    By the way that price quoted at 5 different elevators and was for 12% pro,13-15% was quoted at less than 12.
    Comments??

NDHAWK

Is the market looking for lower px wheat for blending with all the high px that is out there?

13.5px is the standard needed, since there is mega lots of 15-17 px this year, perhaps they need the 12%px to get 13.5 for spec shipments/orders?

What did they say when you asked them?

Comment

Apparently that is the case.Lower supplies of milling quality HRW from the poor US Harvest needs less hi-pro rs wht to blend Interesting spin to the situation. Rumours from CWB district man is the anticipated initial price increase will narrow the spreads significantly for proteins above 13.5. Deliver and price your higher pro wheat against fpc/dpc seems to be the direction to go?? Must be done before price change.

Comment

I just read my Agriweek, and 1CWRS 13.5 St Law. is $318/t this week, and was $316/t last week. And the CWB PRO is $258? How much grain did the CWB sell at teeth shattering low prices?

What happened to the CWB disciplined sell 1/12 of the crop each month of the marketing pool year? By the way, this 07-08 pool does not start moving till Oct 07.

Someone please explain what the CWB has done, and how they figure out the PRO!

How are we supposed to manage risk, if the CWB will not share what they are doing with our grain?

At $318/t port position, and FPC of $263/t there is a short fall of at least $40/t or a buck a bushel... missing from our FPC CWB prices.

SO the with the CWRS -$5/t basis & the Jan futures I locked in @$220/t... now this gives me $215/t instead of the $240/t to $260/t the CWB ACTUALLY is getting for my wheat with the futures I locked in.

Comment

Well consider yourself lucky, I have to buy my fixed contract back. Dammm midge ate the whole damm thing.

Comment

Kamicheal,

Have you looked into delivering it as feed or #4?

If your wheat was put through a gravity cleaner or density seperator, are you sure you can't upgrade it?

Comment

tom4cwb, didn't read your first post here in absolute detail but I think you missed one thing in your EPO analysis. That is 'what is the cost of buying a call option on the Canadian dollar?' An EPO is two parts - put on wheat futures and call on Canuck Buck - because only part of the risk is related to possible changes in wheat futures prices. Lots of risk in the Forex market for the last quite a while.

Comment

Melvill

Lee the Job of the CWB IS to be marketing experts and MAXIMISE my returns. NOT MINIMISE my returns and put it in the pool accounts and contingency fund where it gets lost in oblivion/the black whole that prevents Market Arbitage.

We in Canada and Australia are being SO Ripped OFF. That is anyone with brain function and who cares about marketing

PERFECT Communist Left wing thinking.... better no one get anything... than someone get more than what I got... because I forgot or wasn't watching!

"2007/08 AWB Pool Estimates AWB have added another
                $14/t to pool estimates this week. The new EPR is set at
                $314/t. Given the sharp move up in Dec 07 futures, a $14/t
                lift in estimates may be seen as surprisingly conservative.
                However, we have to note that while Dec 07 futures lifted
                $32.28/t, Dec 08 futures only lifted by $6.85/t.
                What has taken off over the last two weeks has been the
                forward cash prices. The lift in cash prices has been $69/t
                with AWB and $84.50/t with ASX. In the physical cash
                market the basis has improved by $36.72/t over the last 2
                weeks, and now sits at -$10/t (Yesterday. Today it is $6/t).
                This extra $36/t has gone straight into the pockets of those
                who have forward sold using swaps. Those with fixed price
                contracts have missed out on this $36/t - a big penalty to
                pay."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...