• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SIngle Desk" AWB CWB Basis $314/tAU

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"SIngle Desk" AWB CWB Basis $314/tAU

I just got my Ausie newsletter.

$36/t narrowing of the Ausie basis in the past two weeks on wheat.

WE are being so RIPPED off on our futures wheat only done in Jan of 07.

The Ausies are in the middle of renegotiating their "Single Desk" so they either arbitage the market or lose the "single desk".

Not so in Canada. The CWB is happy to take our money and run... what a frustrating messed up marketing system.

Highest prices in history... and there is a CWB TROLL taking the premium and keeping the portion that 100% of the profit. S I C K.

Melvill

Lee the Job of the CWB IS to be marketing experts and MAXIMISE my returns. NOT MINIMISE my returns and put it in the pool accounts and contingency fund where it gets lost in oblivion/the black whole that prevents Market Arbitage.

We in Canada and Australia are being SO Ripped OFF. That is anyone with brain function and who cares about marketing

PERFECT Communist Left wing thinking.... better no one get anything... than someone get more than what I got... because I forgot or wasn't watching!

"2007/08 AWB Pool Estimates AWB have added another
    $14/t to pool estimates this week. The new EPR is set at
    $314/t. Given the sharp move up in Dec 07 futures, a $14/t
    lift in estimates may be seen as surprisingly conservative.
    However, we have to note that while Dec 07 futures lifted
    $32.28/t, Dec 08 futures only lifted by $6.85/t.
    What has taken off over the last two weeks has been the
    forward cash prices. The lift in cash prices has been $69/t
    with AWB and $84.50/t with ASX. In the physical cash
    market the basis has improved by $36.72/t over the last 2
    weeks, and now sits at -$10/t (Yesterday. Today it is $6/t).
    This extra $36/t has gone straight into the pockets of those
    who have forward sold using swaps. Those with fixed price
    contracts have missed out on this $36/t - a big penalty to
    pay."

Incognito... we sure do live in interesting times!

Larry Weber's newsletter through BASF said this today:

India on Monday bought about a total of 795,000 metric tons of wheat from three companies, easily exceeding trade expectations. The purchases are bullish because they take a "tremendous" amount of wheat off the world market when stocks are already at historically tight levels. The government is now expected to buy 740,000 MT from Glencore at 385-391 USD a tonne; around 50,000 MT from Alfred Toepfer at 398 USD a tonne and 5,000 tonnes from Starcom at 393 USD a tonne. The first delivery is expected to commence between October to December. India could call for another tender in the second half of September India is not behaving like they have a bumper crop ...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...