• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB at a cross Road

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just FYI, heard this morning that Ontario planting intentions for winter wheat are believed to be 40-50% over the record acreage. From what I'm seeing around here, I think that's low.

Comment

It's true what they say, I guess.

The cure for high prices is high prices.

Comment

Chaff,

Question... have high prices solved the Black Oil shortage?

Will demand and finite grain production resourses bring us to a new reality in grain prices?

If average corn prices will be at a base line of $4.00/bu... where should the wheat base line be?

This is clearly a fight for acres. What do most folks believe is more important... corn or wheat?

Bigger question is this... can "Designated Area" wheat growers/CWB farm this needed income spike... remain competitive... and move forward in the new economy?

Or will we blame everyone else for our lack of ability to adapt/profit, grow the wrong types of wheat/barley... and die a slow painful death?!?

A collective co-operative could really harvest this kind of spike effectively... IF we worked together and respected each other enough to do what OPEC has done.

Please note OPEC is voluntary... member states are not thrown in jail if they miss targets... and those oil producing nation states who do not participate in OPEC are not thrown in jail either!

Respect for the individual members is key to a functioning and acceptable system.

Supply Management in Canada allows each Province to opt out if compromise to meet needs is not found.

Why on earth should the CWB system treat individual Provinces any diFFerent?

Is it truly acceptable to let Chairman Ritter put a gun to our heads and threaten us?

Comment

Only to some.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...