• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottineau $6.25 VS CWB DPC $5.75

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottineau $6.25 VS CWB DPC $5.75

Just phoned Bottineau this morning and they will take my HRS #1 13 for $6.25 US dumped in their pit freight off price. So I then phoned the CWB and my DPC price freight off is $5.75 dumped in pit local.
    Now I have two questions one who the hell is keeping the $10,000.00 I will loose by selling today. (Benny that's the difference between the US price and CWB) And under this great program will I be just adding $10,000 to the CWB pool account for the CWB Club members.
    Signed
    Pi--ed off in Saskatchewan.

Sask;

I too sold my winter wheat this morning at a buck a bushel less than it's fair market value... But I just helped the whole Canadian economy...

Didn't you know... we are the dirt people... vital to the existance of all Canadians...

I know I know.. Throw another Log on the fire... cook me up some bacon and some beans... sell some wheat to the wheat board...a fella couldn't love his grain co more than that!

http://www.homestead.com/deemusic/baconbeans.html

GRIN!

Comment

SASKFARMER3, btjadenlepp, another post, said it's illegal for U.S. elevators to accept Canadian grain unless they bin it separately and keep it separate for shipment. Is that the jist of what you said btjadenlepp? Did you the U.S. elevator you talked about mention that?

Comment

we were working on the buyback a few weeks ago on winter wheat but were turned away by a couple elevators we talked to, who said they can't re-export canadian wheat, and couldn't afford/bother to bin it separately, especially at harvest.

Comment

Brenda & Lee,

I understand it has to do with aid shipments requireing US origin grain, and the complication of having Canadian origin grain that does not qualify for these export channel shipments. Further the CWB export license clearly stated the PDS grain shipped to the US CANNOT be exported from the US.

Comment

Oh the CWB is now only .31 cents behind
            Now I feel better knowing their only stealing $6200.00 from me.
            But protein spread their still way out.

Comment

I'm not sure if I remember this clearly, but the US can't export Canadian grain because US law prohibits using US tax dollars to subsidize exports of other origin grain. PL480 was a big program for them but what probably started the rule was EEP. Having to keep Canadian grain domestic became just another non tariff trade barrier.

But, here's something. After the barley court case, I talked to a US farmer who is on the board of the Rolla, ND farmers' elevator. They have always been lukewarm to taking Canadian grain. However, they lost their rail service this spring. The tracks will remain but service is discontinued. The open barley market offered them an opportunity they said. After negotiating with a large malt house, they were prepared to offer what they termed "good spot prices" for Canadian malt bly. BN told them rail service could be reinstated if volumes could rise at their point. For now at least, their hopes, like the majority of western farmers, are dashed.

Comment

Braveheart,

The whole point of this comparison is simple.

Canadian grain growers DESERVE the opportunity to arbitage world wheat/barley markets... ANYWHERE they exist.

"Fairness" of the CWB pooling system to socially place us all on the same economic footing... does not work... never has in the past 15 years... and if the CWB is not allowed by trade agreements to be income support... it never will be again.

Raising the wheat/barley price bar through gov. support with the CWB Pools... was the original purpose of the "Single Desk" to share the Industrial wealth of Canada with grain growers... after we grain growers and our forefathers gave up huge equity during the Second World War. This purpose was lost in the 1970's and the religion of the "single desk" has replaced practical common dirt farmer logic.

CWB Pools now ONLY bring the price inside the "Designated Area" DOWN.

This extracts a premium for no "Designated Area" grain grower...

If the pool is higher than the arbitage world value... the CWB either doesn't accept more grain... or ends the pool and starts a new one at a lower value than world arbitage prices in any event.

The CWB saving us from BIG BAD Grain CO deception is a farce.

What did the CWB do to stop the merger between SWP and AGRICORE?

Not a word. Monopolies breed monopolies... Balance dictates that if the CWB "Single Desk" exists... the consolidation of the Grain Industry will track to power equal to or greater than the CWB.

We need international Arbitaged pricing opportunites INSIDE the "Designated Area"... at a local elevator... Bottineau is a simple distraction indicating a greater problem... OUR GRAIN PRICEING structure does not work through CWB POOLS.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...