• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell me - what is so bloody sacred about the CWB?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada is a free Country Burbert maybe you would feel more comfortable in Cuba or North Korea. Maybe it is you who should learn to love it(freedom)or leave it.

Comment

Burbert,

You said;

"It is our farm marketing board"

When did I vote for it?

Ontario and Quebec need two thirds approval to get a marketing board in place in Manditory terms.

OWPMB did not even vote on the monopoly the Ontario Wheat Board had, they simply and with out fan fare just de-regulated.

Why should it be any different in Alberta?

The "Trade and Commerce" Constitutional title the CWB Act gets its originating authority from does not cover Agriculture, or the produce grown by me on my farm;

Provincial legislation is needed... which by the way SK and MB have in place. Alberta removed it's CWB authorisation in the early 1980's.

Alberta has every right to be out of the "designated area"... just not to a choice market using the CWB. This is the problem from what I have learned.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...