• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB and Robin Hood CoBranding Campaign - CFA Release

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB and Robin Hood CoBranding Campaign - CFA Release

Canadian Wheat Board – Robin Hood co-branding campaign is a model partnership

(OTTAWA) – The Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA) is praising a new initiative launched by the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB) and Smuckers Foods of Canada Co., the owner of the Robin Hood brand of flour. The campaign to promote Canadian prairie wheat to domestic consumers is a model for industry-corporate partnership that benefits Canadian farmers.

“Farmers and corporations working together to promote Canadian-grown food: that’s the kind of value-chain partnership that will keep our industry strong,” said Bob Friesen, CFA President. “This branding campaign is a real value-added service. Both the CWB and Robin Hood should be recognized and applauded.”

The centerpiece of the branding initiative is a label that will appear on all bags of Robin Hood flour along with a message from the CWB on the quality of prairie wheat. CFA is currently pushing for a national “Grown in Canada” labeling program that identifies foods with 100 per cent domestically-grown content.

“Canadian consumers want to buy domestic and buy fresh and they want to be able to easily spot Canadian foods on their shelves,” noted Friesen. “That’s why CFA is calling for a ‘Grown in Canada’ label program, and that’s why this CWB-Robin Hood initiative is a great idea.”

-30-

Founded in 1935 to provide Canada's farmers with a single voice in Ottawa, the Canadian Federation of Agriculture is the country's largest farmers' organization. Its members include provincial general farm organizations as well as national and inter-provincial commodity organizations from every province. Through its members, CFA represents over 200,000 Canadian farmers and farm families.

Looks more like government and a corporation working together to me.

The CWB is a government outfit, not a grassroots farmer one.

It also looks like another CWB PR campaign to try and get the Canadian public to believe that its something that its not.

A statement that I will retract if they incorporate a pair of handcuffs in the logo.

Comment

I read they spent $750,000.00 on this

what a JOKE!

Comment

Actually the 750,000 would be OK if it goes so far as to Canadian brand everything right down to apple juice. I think there is nothing worse than us canadian consumers gobbling down Chinese concentrate applejuice. For example the apple trees are grown in a place that the air is so full of smog that one cannot even see the sun "ever". How much of that smog is soaked up in them apples? That is what we drink and don't even know it and feeding it to our kids. I am all for Canadians branding, Americans branding.

Comment

Will note the American are going to the ultimate branding on meat. It's called mcool. Off topic. Don't know how much consumers will be impacted by this campaign. Will be interesting.

Comment

Fransisco,

Your feelings were close to what I felt when I looked at the Board picture.

INSTEAD

It needs a smiling picture of Ralphie G... (As the Pirate in a Black Pirate Hat [; Perhaps a patch over one eye with a caption under the Confiscating/Wheat/Barley Brand:

AYE(:

You can get a lot of wheat with a SMILE,

But you sure, can get a lot more ...[Wheat]...(: With a GUN; and a SMILE."

Could have multiple interchangable faces; your choice...(; Rod, Ralph, or Ritter[;

With shirts, hats, special edition flour bags... we could make a whole new cottage industry... fund a special bus stopping... eye jerking C;ountry W;ide B;illboards... C/W/B;oard multi C;ampaigns W;ith B;randing!

I feel an special election campaign moment here! No need to even say... Rod!

Did you notice the (; ... Frisco?

The (; is a tear being shed for these three Pirates... while the Captain Tractor plays (; The Last SASK. Pirate (: in the background!

Ho; Ho...Stealing wheat and barley... and all the other grains...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...