• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Weather!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Weather!

Well tomorrow is the beginning of a new week and what a great harvest week the last one was.
    Rained 1 inch last Sunday then drizzled on Monday no wind Tuesday or Wednesday. Finally Thursday afternoon the Standing barley was ready so we went hard till dark then heavy dew. Went hard Friday and Saturday till 9:00 and it Rained. Then for from 5am till 9am.
    Lets hope this week is better! Were at 70% just the canola left. Canola no huge Yields this year.

What type of combines are you running sask?

Comment

9660s two and rental demo what ever they call it 9670

Comment

Get`er done Saskfarmer!Then we gotta talk.Check back on your old posts and then call me.

Comment

Still a struggle along the corridor in Alberta. Lots of machines running yesterday on cereals although at the elevator said they had only seen 2 dry samples. Canola still just borderline for moisture. Forecast looks bad end of the week although they can't get it right for 1 day out. Will keep pressing harvest and running through the dryer.

Comment

same here south of Craig in the Didsbury Olds area, my first day harvesting Oct 1 finished 200 acres canola, only dry crop around. weather here sucks, low temps, persistant showers, no drying winds.
            And snow constantly in the forcast, now its friday, well guess will wait to see!
            got some more canola for my cousin, get that done then see. Barley standing or swathed is 16-17%
            Erik

Comment

No combining since sept 16th here. Rain a constant threat, short days, no wind, and what's left out is feed. That would be about half the crop...

Comment

We're pretty much done. About 15% of crop needed a lttle drying. Quality is good overall. Yield wise, peas and canola average, cereals 10% below average.

Comment

SASKFARMER3

Are you running JD STS or conventionals?

Comment

Their STS with the New Bullet Rotors, Last Night at 6;00 they Brought out a 9870 STS with Camera in tank and GPS Auto Steer and Mapping Really nice but the Canola isn't going to be what I thought it would so Wont be buying two new ones this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...