• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNSTOPABLE DURUM!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNSTOPABLE DURUM!

16$ across the line!

CP, I'd be interested in knowing the conditions of that $16/bu bid. Is it one elevator that is very short?

Probably the best place to look at spot durum prices stateside is in the upper right hand corner on MGEX home page. Look on the "Spot Indexes" table for a quote for DWI meaning durum wheat index.
    Yesterday's quote for that index was 1438.95 at 19 elevators. That means the indexed average bid was $14.3895 at 19 surveyed elevators. I notice that since Jan 07 the number of elevators surveyed has varied between 54 and 19.

I'm waiting to find out exactly how the index data is collected and from what geographic area.

Comment

Could be,I got the quote off of the bottineau farmers elavators site.

Comment

it is time to play... pick the premium:

Who sold durum to the U.S. at $20.00 FOB?

Who, the very next day, sold durum to Tunisia at over $21.10 FOB.

Anyone care to guess?

And because I don't want to post twice, can anyone guess the export offers for FLAX?

Where is that marketing mirror, CP?
        So many questions, I need it.

Comment

Here is some news from my mole at Cargill. CWB has a sale out of Thunder bay last week or end of week before for $18.00 - 1.50 = 16.50 to Sask, hell maybe they are in the game a little.
          but if they sold half at 6.00 and half at 18.00 = 12.00 -1.50 Next PRO will be 10.50 take home Sask.right now its 9.00

Comment

C'mon Vader, Agstar - I expect better from you two:

Who sold durum to the U.S. at $20.00 FOB?

The CWB

Who, the very next day, sold durum to Tunisia at over $21.10 FOB.

The U.S.

There was a 25 cent per bushel premium the day the CWB sold to the U.S. basis USW asking prices.

The next day it was a $1.00 per bushel deficit.

How is it recorded in the CWB Sales Bible?

A premium that day...or a loss the next day?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...