• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Canola pictures for 8 th of October

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian Canola pictures for 8 th of October

Guys you be the judge this is the latest crop pictures for week 8th October http://www.australianoilseeds.com/__data/assets/pdf_file/3032/8_Oct_2007.pdf

This looks like a below average crop to me. Hell its finished flowering and is filling so rain will just fill the crop.
    80 Pods on total plant looks like a 22.5 bushel crop.
    Remember this is their prise canola grower he has been part of their system for three years.

Update as at 8 October

The crop has finished flowering now and is still filling pods. There is some frost damage with aborted pods and seeds (about 2%), but the lack of moisture is the crop's main hurdle, which has cut back the length of the growing season.The lower pods now contain green seeds that have become hard. There are around 80 pods/plant. I will do a yield estimate next week. Thewre is a chance of some rain over the next few days.
    I found some small native budworm (helicoverpa, or heliothis to the New South Wales people) larvae, less than 5 mm long. There are also a few cabbage butterflies around, but they generally don't affect canola yields.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...