• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a new era for Manitoba supporting choice??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new era for Manitoba supporting choice??

Below is an excerpt of MB's throne speech. OK need clairification here from some one in MB. Moving up the value chain is a high priority of all of us in agriculture within western Canada. We need this as exporting a raw commodity such as wheat, durum or barley is costing us more and more.
    Minister Wochuck wants more value added for producers in MB there by moving them up the value chain.
    OK what am I missing here??? more value added to MB means - in my mind choice! choice whereby durum producers can sell directly to a local pasta plant. Value added means to me allowing wheat producers to sell directly to floor mills. All in equalization with the same MB producers that sell there oilseeds, corn, oats to whom ever via choice.
    Perhaps I miss read Ms Wochuck??
    Erik

NDP Launch New Ag Program In Throne Speech
    Written by AM 1250/ Mix 96 News
    Wednesday, 21 November 2007
    Tuesday's throne speech included a commitment by the NDP government to launch a program called Value Chain Manitoba. Through a partnership with the federal government, it will focus on an innovative business model that will promote formal partnerships between producers, processors, and suppliers. Agriculture Minister Rosann Wowchuk hopes the initiative will encourage more value added growth in rural areas. She wants to see more farmers move up the value chain, noting we've been exporters of raw materials for a long time and it's now our turn to reap the benefits of further processing at home. The NDP also committed to implementing a new biodiesel mandate, an increase in the farmland education tax rebate to 70%, and to further negotiate a new federal/provincial safety net package.

Wow, it is 2007 and the politities think we need to move up the 'value train' I mean chain, lol.

Comment

Yes ,we here in the PEoples republic of mb support the great ideas of the cwb to ENCOURAGE value added through their Field to Plate program.
      This exemption will facilitate the processing of 500 tonnes at 2 mills in our republic.
      That's .00001% of the wheat we grow.

We don't want to encourage more than that because we blindly support everything the cwb does.

And everything it obstructs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...