• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta carbon trading

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta carbon trading

How is the Alberta carbon trading legislation going. Anyone making any trades yet or is it still too early? Can't wait for the day I can tell my dad I doubled, tripled, or multiplied by 10 what my carbon is worth in my soil here in Sask. by holding it.

have you tried that band wagon(carbon credit) or have you been holding out? I've always felt the couple bucks an acre they were offering were chump change compared to what some of these companies or countries should be willing to pay to clear their conscious.

Comment

This whole scheme, is right up there, and I mean way up there, where the light doesn't shine. However having said that you must realize, that it is a perfect scheme for the AB gov't boys/girls to promote, cause it is based on total/absolute bull, no practical value whatsoever, min till, zero till technology, incentives, grants, plant trees, gmos are good, however don't plant with a crooked stick. Hence the gov't people can play with this forever and feel like they are really, really, making a difference. Unending administration, experts involved, consultants, enviro duds, best of all brokers, agents, hustlers, chislers, and meetings, oh the meetings all working towards, NOTHING, perfect scheme, except after all is said and done, nothing accomplished, polluters still polluting, framers whinning and snivelling, endless political points to be scored. Alberta carbon trading, scam, written all over it, but feel good about it folks, we are doing something for the climate, while making money tooooooooo! Go Albertie, go

Comment

Burbert,

First time that I agree with most of what you are saying. One of my suppliers is looking into being an agent. Proprietary software cost is $40,000 up front.

Comment

You know Burp Fart you must be sober or I am off my Meds because I kind of agree with you on this one to.

Comment

I know of one contract for $7/ton plus GST. Guarantee of .182t/ac with less than 45% soil disturbance/yr and the pottential for more to be paid retroactively as the coeficients go up.

Comment

I sorta agree with Burpee also.
              Although at 7 dollars per ton that would be near 100 percent increase in value compared to what others in Sask. sold at a couple years back.
              For now I will treat my carbon sink as if I had shares in a company that I was bullish in.

Comment

Just got our latest check from CGreen for over $13,000 but its almost 25% less per ton than the 1st check. Price has dropped. But still haven't signed up for future years.

Comment

We have not signed up one acre yet, is it a scam? I am not so sure, non-tilled acres will store more carbon than tilled acres, fact? I think this is typical - hand out nothing until they have to buck up for "something" that is business threating.
                  ***** Burbot, if the borg were to issue the carbon credits you would be the first in line, as long as it was the same for everyone right? The point is, we live beside a country that produces more pollutants per capita than anywhere on earth, this should benfit progesive western canadian farmers.
                  Also burbot, enough of the "farmer winning" b.s. What do you do??? I have gotten so sick of your take it or leave attitude. I hope you adjust your your budget for food, b/c if you think your food bill is high now, wait 3-5 months. The world markets/cwb have been stealing grain-oilseeds from farmers for manys years, time to pay the producer!!!
                  Sorry for the rant folks but burbot crawls under my skin a little more every day.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...