• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer Supply

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer Supply

If guys jack fert rates(my bet is they will)is the supply chain ready,or will they just jack prices up to what the market will bear.

Last year their was suppose to be a shortage in spring in our area.We never waited one single minuet for product. Most producer jacked up their rates because of prices. So I hardly think their will be a shortage this spring.
    Lots of Gas went down on winter wheat in USA and lots of fall banding in Canada and USA. So extra product is in the ground all ready.

Comment

I think the only way the farmers could be short of product is if the fertilizer plant blows up or something to that affect. Got another price of 48.5 cents per lb. on N anhydrous with delivery included today. Guess I better take it.

Comment

Actually sourced all my needs for spring.
        Have heard of others not able to source their entire needs yet from their regular supplier.

Comment

Yes it looks like our area most have theirs bought.

Comment

Fear mongering is all it is. Will the price go up for spring? You bet. Will there be a shortage, not likely. Alot of gas went south and is in the ground already and from what I've heard most retails have a third of their NH3 in the ground in alberta as well. Buy now if you can, if not take that money and buy agrium shares, they'll probably pay better than farming.

Comment

This is one time I think the Fert Industry is really going to show its spots. They have given every reason why fert prices are increasing.
              Every reason, from Floods in New Orleans to US Corn to Plant shut down, freight, Clinton in White house etc.
              Shortage will be if all plants blow up at one time.
              Again our area it seems to me that most of the needs have been met or will be in the next two weeks.

Comment

If I was a shareholder of a Fert co. I would hope that they would charge all the market will bear.
                The question is will markets properly arbitrage out to an equal price from the plant with the only difference being freight and volume discounts.
                If Canadian plants are charging more to Canadians, why are Canadian farmers taking it?

Comment

Why do Canadian farmers pay more???Ummm, because we have to. You can't grow a crop without fertilizer and there are really only two companies to buy said fertilizer from...I think the word used to describe that is monopoly. What betwix's me is why someone with a few million dollars in their back pocket hasn't taken a look at the profits fert companies are making and build a few plants of their own.

Comment

hey, Canadians are use to paying more, just as we have with cars and pick-ups, now it's coming to light combines, and of course milk, clothes etc...
                    the chem companies lobbied to close the boarder on Clearout41 and last year they created a self imposed shortage of glyphosate and when the cheap stuff ran out(mid June here) we just kept buying the expensive stuff anyway, we don't mind paying! how many of you didn't pre or post harvest burn your fields last fall?

Comment

Its just amazing how farmers arent rioting in the streets at all the BS that takes place in a country such as canada. Dont get me going on Clearout 41 and the Crop Life crap.

Comment

SF3, did your area run out of generic glyphosate?

Comment

Yes they did, all dealers that are independents were given an allocation and when it was done that was it. Sounds like the Same BS is already in the works with Monsanto having limited production for each dealer. Hm Can you say got them by the Nuts.

Comment

I'm always willing to weigh in on the glyphosate issue,

I heard FNA can now import and sell clearout to farmers (before they imported through farmers) I assume they will price slightly below other generics lets hope they flood the market with the cheap stuff!

I also heard the gov has expanded the own use import program to include more products including several types of glyphosate.

With the dollar where it is US product should be dirt cheap.

Comment

Dirt cheap, even dirt isn't cheap anymore! Relax, the open market will kick in soon and framers can/will get fertilizer at braggin prices. Competition will force prices down and framers will be the big weiners. Heck there will be so much imported into Kanadia at a staggering pace that the railrodies will be forced to haul it cheap, due again to fierce competion, again framers are winners. Good to be a framer, these days, with all this good stuff on the horizeen.... Maybe we should all go out and borrie some more money! Bankers are now our friends too, since even they have to eat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...