• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effects of freight rates on special crops

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effects of freight rates on special crops

How much will the freight rate adjustment cost me on my special crops like lentils that are shipped wholly by container.
    My understanding is that the maximum loading will be 20 from 23 tonnes.
    These types of changes are always passed on back to the farm. What is a reasonable rate to have deducted.
    Will it be 1/4 cent/lb or more?

Container rates are going up 25% Jan 01/08. Find me one reputable shipping line that has advised their customers of weight reductions in containers in the New Year and then I may get worried about it- until then - not. The weekly farm rag doesn’t count. A 50,000 pound can that cost $1000.00 will now be $1250.00. That’s an extra $11.02 per tonne or 1/2 cent per pound.

Comment

thanks LWeber
      I got a bid of 24.5 cents on red lentils in the new year and I was wondering how much more that would be had shipping rates not changed.

1/2 cent more to me is the trucking bill or thought of another way about $7.50 acre which pays for the Assure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...