• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things to Watch for in Early 2008

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent is also in the 25-35 an Acre range and I can pick up another 8 - 10 Quarters if I want. Tried to buy some or most of it and the guy wont sell. Most of the Albertans are on a steep learning curve. Farming is different on this side of the prairies.

Comment

Being in an area that has had no real crop since 2003, I can not see land prices/rents rising until we actually get a crop some year. These high prices are absolutely great... If you have a crop. 2007 was my worst year EVER. Which followed my second worst and third worst farming years. This goes for a large region of eastern Saskatchewan. Not a very optimistic area, unless your daddy was a loaded land baron, or you farmed in the 1970's. 2008 is a do or die year. As farmers, we also tend to forget what happened the last time things were so optimistic. The CRASH was heard for light years away, after all the experts said it was a bull market . Which was bull of course. Two years ago these experts were saying prices would remain low. And here we are. NOBODY knows what may happen, just remember this. For all we know canola could be 7.50 by June. It has happened before, quite unexpected by the experts, regardless of what the fundamentals may seem to be.

May 2008 be good to all of us, may we sell our grain to the highest bidder, incuding wheat and barley, and may the rains in eastern Saskatchewan hold off until late June, or July...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...