• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sick and tired of CWB!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick and tired of CWB!

I am at witts end on what to do? Either I break the law and start hauling grain south to Bowbells ND or stay in the Canadian system.
    Today they CWB is giving 4.71 after freight for HRS 14.1 protien. Yes I know their is BS programs the CWB has that can take me up to $6.61 and then wait for the rest. But getting $10.61 dropped in the pit is looking better each day. THats almost double what the CWB is offering right now. Boy would an extra $4.00 really be nice. Yes the Feds could increase the initial again hell that number is totaly ridiculous in a year like this. Second if the CWB lost us farmers in western canada some $30.00 a tonne last year compared yearly price for US HRS isnt it time we ended this useless organization. Now durum that number is way more staggering yes Reletives in ND sold at 9.00 plus a bushel and I thought that was great but I deliver in January each year so $17.00 Plus would be what I would be recieving. compared to $11.00 for a final from our woulderful CWB.
    I guess farmers just cant realize whats going on or are we afraid of making real money real real hard cash.
    THe CWB is costing me some $300000.00this year whats your total loss on your farm because of the CWB.

Not going to try to calculate weather the CWB is making or costing me money.
    I just want to market my grain outside the CWB. Or use the CWB if I wish to.
    I will vote for no CWB if ever there was a next time or another survey.

Comment

Just finnished hauling 50 percent of my durum today, the cwb will cost me 187000 this year if there are no more increases in the PRO for durum. If I hauled my entire crop down there now for 17 plus/bu. I am really getting sick of this antiquated system. They(cwb) need to show us the premium they generate or get lost. I am very tired of 200,300,400ac farms costing me my right to sell to whom I want, when I want, and for what price I want.

Comment

NOW NOW M&M its not the 200-300 acre farms costing us the right to sell our grain its the few farmers that the CWB pays to support them.

Comment

1000 tonnes of durum.
          I think everyone here knows i would have not pre sold a bushel.

Comment

Guessing there won`t be enough Tylenol at the drugstore to make that headache go away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hauled wheat this week,only allowed to haul a percentage of my CWB call(had to be "fair" and let the snowbirds, bonspeilers etc.etc get their share out as well).
              From my yard I can see several terminals, 1 in Canada and 1 in the US. The difference in my "fair share" is $34,000 between the two delivery points as of yesterdays closing prices.
              Cant wait for those big premiums coming in the interim/final payments.

Comment

I cannnot comprehend how the CWB directors can spew out so much dis-information and still get the support of the so called "friends" of the CWB. We are constantly bombarded about the high price of wheat all over the world and most of us know what we are getting in comparison. I fail to understand why anyone in there right mind would support a system that brings you less income!!! Mr. Harper and Mr. Ritz, kill this damn CWB!!

Comment

But not less income for CWB staff.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...