• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agdays: "What the CWB is doing for you"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agdays: "What the CWB is doing for you"

A friend of mine made up a little leaflet comparing the CWB pro to the evil "spot price" and was at Agdays in Brandon yesterday handing them out by the thousand. (3000 to be exact)
    From he told me it was stirring things up a bit but mostly in favor of kicking the CWB back into the darkages where it belongs.
    The response he got was 95% positive with the exception of some of the actual CWB guys at Agdays arguing with him....hehe
    Anyway, just wondering if anyone was there and got one of the leaflets and your comments on it.

Jay-Mo,

Could you post it in this thread?

Parsley

Comment

Heck I was their all day yesterday and Missed this guy. But I did notice one thing in Brandon, No one was stopping at the CWB booth at all. Farmers are getting Pissed O-- with these guys, I think its time for either

YES OR NO

SCREW THE CWB

Comment

It's your grain. Do you want some joker to vote whether you can sell it or not?

I'm invited out to dinner, but I am not prepared to have somebody vote on that, either!

Whoosies.

Parsley

Comment

What theCwB
          IS DOING FOR
          YOU!
          Based on a 1500 acre farm in the Killarney area

Canadian Farmer price under CWB marketing

Prices as of Jan. 9/08

CROP YEILD TOTAL BUSHELS x CWB PRO TOTAL
          500ac. Canola 30 15,000 $11.00 $165,000
          300ac Winter Wheat 60 18,000 $6.83 $122,940
          400ac. Red Spring 38 15,200 $7.51 $114,152
          300ac. Barley -Malt 70 21,000 $4.07 $ 85,470
          Gross $487,562
          Income:
          ** Possibility of getting less than cWB Pro is likely.
          Canadian Farmer price without CWB marketing Prices as of Jan. 9/08

CROP YEILD TOTAL BUSHELS x US PRICE TOTAL
          500ac. Canola 30 15,000 $11.00 $165,000
          300ac Winter Wheat 60 18,000 $9.73 $175,140
          400ac. Red Spring 38 15,200 $10.23 $155,496
          300ac. Barley -Malt 70 21,000 $6.00 $ 126,000
          Gross $621,636
          Income:
          * * Note CaNOLA price is the same on both sides of the border without CWB control.
          US price is based on BTR Farmer's Elevator, ND and Bottineau Elevator, ND.
          These are all within a 90mi. radius of Killarney. There are no US subsidies included in these prices. Grain prices as of January 9, 2008.
          Loss of income with CWB Marketing:$134,074

Thank you, CWB, for what you think is a "great" job of marketing our grain.
          - A Canadian farmer

Comment

Anyone that gets the Manitoba Co-operator papers should have noticed the big flyer shoved inside it wanting donations for the group fighting to keep the CWB. Oh that really cranked me up when I saw that. Should send some flyers back to that group asking for donations to get rid of the cwb.

Comment

I know these kind of comparisons have been discussed here on Agriville a number of times but it definetly stirred things up at Agdays the last couple days.
              Apparently the CWB reps complained to one of the organizers of Agdays in order to stop the leaflets from being handed out.
              Interestingly, over the course of the last two days he has had random people collect some coffee money and give it to him to cover his printing costs, (10,000 copies $200), just to thank him for doing what hes doing.

When will the "powers that be" get it?
              We dont want or need the stinking CWB!

Comment

Hope he goes to the WBGA convention. I'll buy him a beer.

(or an aperitif if it would be more suitable!)

Parsley

Comment

Siemenssays farm news blog has picked up the story. They have a scan of the leaflet and some interviews with the guy behind it.

copy/paste the link below.

http://www.siemenssays.com/?p=8554

Comment

You know what is kinda funny/sad. Walked thru the door at Aggie Days, saw it was CWB propaganda ish, and did not care one tiny bit too even look at it. How long can our ag industry talk about this issue until only the absolutely militant remain, and the 99.9999% rest just are so frustrated, they just don't give a "iF yoU See Kay" anymore? Maybe that is the strategy, don't know. So far so good though. Worked for me.

Comment

Parsley and friends, this farmer doesn't drink or even swear and won't work on Sunday. He is very mad, and frustrated. Great guy, who will do anything for anyone, outstanding farmer, and his word is as good as gold. I am good friends with him.

Comment

Sounds like a good guy to get to know. You are lucky to have such a friend! Lot of good people in farming. Had a surprise birthday party thrown for me today. Couldn't believe it. The old, "Surprise"!

One farmer even hopped a plane in Calgary, flew to Regina and rented a car to come out to it. My house looks like a funeral parlor!

bduke even showed up, talking derivities, of course. lol.

Parsley was/is still into the wine.

Medicinal, of course.

Parsley

Comment

Happy Birthday

Comment

Thanks! I don't know who you are.

We have been mcbaining Saskatchewan weather all morning. We'll see what Portage la Prairie farmers think of it tonight. The celebration will go on for several more days.....

I will be unable to think through a credible argument to post for several days.

Parsley

Comment

I don't know who you are either. Just glad your having a birthday!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...