• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CWB CEO

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CWB CEO

Those of you who get the Western Producer will have a name for the new CEO. An interesting way to announce.

More information from Reuters.

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) - The Canadian government is expected to name Ian White, currently chief executive of Australia's Queensland Sugar Ltd, as the new CEO of the Canadian Wheat Board, one of the world's largest grain exporters, the Western Producer newspaper reported in its January 24 issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

White, described as a strong advocate for trade liberalization by the newspaper, was chosen from three candidates by a CWB-government committee, and accepted by Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz, the newspaper said.

Ritz was expected to take the recommendation to federal cabinet soon for formal approval, the article said.

Comment

I browsed a website:

Ian White has extensive experience at senior management level in the agricultural commodity sector both in Australia and North America.

He is a director of the Cubbie Group and is a member of the Queensland Competition Authority. He previously headed Queensland Cotton’s Australian and US operations, was managing director and chief executive officer of Defiance Mills Limited and was the chief executive of Grainco Limited. Ian was also a director of the World Sugar Reseatch Organisation.

Appointed 17 April 2000.

Comment

One thing for sure, if he becomes CEO of the CWB , he has work to do.

Comment

Cleaning house is time consuming.

Comment

Damn and I was sure I had it in the bag.....

Comment

However putting my disappointment aside for a moment I find this a very interesting development as I'm sure many on here do too.

Comment

as to the new CEO ,
                Ritz didn't make this announcement, so is it confirmed or not???
                if its true and some one leaked it, who's trying to gain to embaress Ritz?
                Erik

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...