• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash bids Portland wheat at 11:43 A.M.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash bids Portland wheat at 11:43 A.M.

DNS 14%...11:43 AM - Subject to changing futures bids...

Feb 2008...$16.85 Coast
    Mar 2008...$16.90 Coast
    Apr 2008...$16.95 Coast

Thats dollars per bushel. In USD.

do they list quotes for new crop?

Comment

Last Thursday was the last time it was posted at $10.97 for Aug/Sept.

Comment

What shook the market this afternoon?

Comment

Great day today.

Canola finished at 622.

Comment

Whoops canola was up 22.50 and closed at 609.20.

Comment

LWeber,

You said...

Larry Weber's comment:

"It is not 2001, Dorothy; this is not Kansas; and there is no Wizard of Oz in grain marketing. Where is the premium in 2008? Farmers in western Canada want the CWB to "show them the money.""

My better half says... Larry... you missed... you only go part way!

We don't want the CWB to... show us their money... we want them to be gone... and we will find our own money, thankyou!

Comment

DTN gives me great latitude Tom.

Some U.S. farmers are seeing the price comparison for the first time between Ontario, SK and Montana.

They are shocked.

Comment

Larry,

I know... when I talked with Jerry G for a couple of days @ Informa... he didn't believe me much either.

And on top of it all... my better half thinks I am a wimp!

GRIN ! She is right!

We need more of that Scandinavian blood circulating out here!

Comment

Grain bins are empty in the U.S.A. Millers will run out of feed stock before the new crop comes in. In other words when a commodity is in such short supply and no certainty of a new crop , mass panic sets in. It was only a matter of time before just in time inventory caught everyone. I'm more worried about next year than this year because of the high input costs.

Comment

You may want to see your twins post from the morning Agstar.

The U.S. exported 400,000 MT of wheat LAST WEEK from those empty bins.

Comment

One way to override higher input cost is to capitalize on on rising crop prices - oh yea - we have no choice with board grains. Thank god I still have canola, peas, and canaryseed to sell.
                        Do you not have faith that the cwb will still get you that premium for your board grains to offset the higher inputs? Come on the premium will set us free!

Comment

Best email so far via DTN on today's column, Tom:

Why do you guys up there fight to keep them at the W.T.O.?

Comment

Larry, where can I sign up for those prices? I will take my chances on getting thrown in jail later!

Comment

Furrow,

I asked my better half about going to jail... she said I must wait till after harvest to go...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...