• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the biding for seeded acres begin !

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the biding for seeded acres begin !

July 09 Corn 5.45 1/2
    Jan & Mar 09 Beans 12.88

by the way, where is the premium for oil content for canola vs. beans! remember canola carries twice as much oil! (really, were at par now!)

I'm really wondering about the short term for specialty crops.

Could we see some obscene bids just to get some acres?

Comment

It is possible, time will tell, one thing is for sure, the cwb fight for acres is still non-existent. HRSW and malt barley are falling completely out of scope for 08. Canola hit $13/bus spot and $12.5 for sept 08. very bankable numbers. Yellow mustard is .37/lb full production with act of god, again very bankable. The last report from the cwb is that they are still blaming high ocean freights for board grains not reaching their full potential.
      Cotton, btw, in this biding for seeded acres how do you position board grains on your farm?

Comment

furrowtickler, I was fishing around the other day for a malt barley quote(on the prospects that barley will be free) a contract like producers had last year. they(elevator co.) told me they couldn't give me a price yet, and then they asked what I'd want to grow it. I quickly started talking about the other choices out there for my acres and ended up suggesting I'd need 6.50 before I'd plant barley. The local guys said they'd been telling the company that but it seemed the head office thought they'd be able to get growers to plant for less. Anybody hear of or have taken malt barley contracts, and at what price/general location?

Comment

PWT was going to come out with a $7.25/bus act of god depending on an open market or a buy back situation through the cwb - but the cwb has just dubbled the buy back for 08 so they put things aside for now until thing shake out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...