• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing what it takes!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing what it takes!!

Larry Weber made the point in the previous thread about CP making sacrifice. I commend CP for his actions, I went about it a different way.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but sometimes it good to get stuff off your chest, and this has been pissing me off for 5 years now!

I didn't hold my grain the last 3 years. I did believe this bull market would hit before 2010, but I wasn't sure when. So the last 4 crops I've been selling my crop yearly. I did pick up money in the last 4 years trading, but I used my crop I was selling for cashflow to pickup additional acres. This was my stab at the bull to come.

I took endless grief the last 4 years from every neighbor around that I was nuts. Land was everywhere and no one would touch it. My own father thought I was nuts. Now with prices where they are, you should see these fools fighting over it.

Like I said I don't want to brag, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished in the last 5 years. I took a farm from 1500 acres to 7500. As CP stated it was tough, I borrowed myself silly. And after time you have enough people tell you your crazy, it starts to make you think you are missing something.

Now at 28 years old and land deals locked in for 5 years,it looks like I might get a chance to finally hit it!! AND I'M DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

P.S. I won't rant like this again!!

snappy

good on you. But doesn't it just piss you off with the leeches you have to support for your hard work.

Nothing makes my blood boil as much as emailing the cwb and begging them to quit selling grain because there is a shortage and they give your grain away only to be told they know more than farmers.

I work off the farm to pay the bills and I wanted to say my grain was a good investment this year but the cwb messed that up perfectly.

Honestly $16 buck in Minneapolis and probably going to 20 and we get 5 for an initial. Blood sucking leeches is what the arrogant people at the cwb are.

Comment

Snappy you said. "This was my stab at the bull to come". You should also mention you were making your farm more efficient by increasing acres. Times were tuff the last few years. My main goal of expansion was to increase efficiency. The run up in the market is, well, I feel I deserved it.
      Snappy you must be operating with a lot of debt, taking on land like that I can see it no other way unless you run into inheritance, so what if you have a 3 year crop failure? Can you make it?

Comment

Proud of snappy! What a country this would be if everyone had your ambition and work ethics. Too bad you can't be fully rewarded for your wheat crop. Good luck in the future.

Comment

Good on Snappy, I tried to do the same in our neck of the prairies, I wasnt able to acquire the land that he did but was able to acquire several more quarters. I went a different direction, I bought a mill and market stone ground flours. Although these limits up are a nightmare on where to price my product, I am definitly enjoying them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...