• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBGA Conference

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WBGA Conference

I attended. It was a very good convention.

Attendees knew that many of the players advocating choice had melded at the Ottawa meeting, and that harmony was apparent, and was reflected at the meeting.

There was a sense of working together, as an industry, each looking at the other player, as an important component to thir success.

It was a significant revelation to many.

Parsley

I ate crow for dinner tonight.

You will remember, and I have been reminded many times, that I predicted Larry Weber would be a no-show at the WBGA conference, but not only did he show up, but he performed appreciably as one of the star speakers, with kudos to Tim Stonehouse for the other star performance.

I will admit, that I have never heard a single presentation of LW's before, and he was surprisingly dynamic, yet softly hard-hitting with his message.

He delivered.

I will assume he will bear a grudge in perpetuity, but I deserve it.

Parsley

Comment

I also attended and enjoyed the WBGA convention.The caliber of presenters ,Stonehouse,Weber and Hicks really stood out, in my view.Dr.Hicks knowledge and contacts regarding ethanol production is staggering.If only that could be transferred to more producers!Unfortunately some just want it(barley) to continue to be the lowest common denominator that they can feed to their cows!!When can we throw the yoke of oppression from our shoulders??

Comment

What were next years price numbers being throwen around?

Comment

C.P.

Where were you?

Comment

They have No money who would pay, Its us, Yes damages are Huge but That's one Liberal who also will not Kill the CWB. Now Maybe a Lawsuit against the Federal Liberal Government of 1940 who Took farmers Mineral Rights Away on Land in Saskatchewan and gave it to the Crown. HM wouldn't that be nice.
            Boy what Abuse.

Comment

Are you sure he is talking about damages to farmers!!!!

If it is along the same lines as the chocolate industry then consumers were the ones hurt.

not saying this is actually true just wondering if he actually said what side, producers or consumers he was on...

Comment

Cropduster,

Did you see that Helmet that they presented to 'Crash' Strankman?

I thought that was the most entertaining moment of the whole Conference!

How about you... how is your Ski-doo?

Comment

Wife was working and i had the kids.

Comment

I only have a third hand knowledge of the case but my understanding is that it has to do with the behavior of the cwb in terms of who pays for its functions.We are only supposed to pay for the commercial side.

The federal govt not captive farmers were by the Act supposed to pay for the REGULATORY side of the expenses.That would include everything from licensing to all the cost of prosecuting and jailing farmers to the propaganda costs (Deanna for ex)

Added up-and compounded- over 65 years this would be alot of money.Ottawa,not farmers would have to pay.One more reason for them to kill the misbehaving beast.

Comment

Tony just made a fortune in another case with the indians.

The tax payers and not the church wound up paying billions for the actions of some sodimizing priests.

Tony isnt a dummy so he wouldnt open his mouth if he didnt think there was a real shot.I think it would be the tax payers of canada who would end up paying.And if "cheap food policy" is real then,why not.

Nice way to circumvent wto rules.

Comment

Tony's a liberal , Roddy's a liberal.

I don't know what to make of this. I am confused. If Tony's for real on this one - he should show up in Weyburn on March 6.

That ought to get Roddy out looking for a new rock or cause to hide behind.

Comment

Ski-doo is fine ......young lad installed training wheels on the handle bars after learning of the incident!!!! Cp,no real price projections other than potential stability to barley given freedom to innovate.New efficencies (still lab level)are startling and other fractionated products may provide more value than ethanol!Barley production in Alberta is completely underutilized because of the drive to the lowest common denominator, raw grain exports.

Comment

Tony likes farmers. Surprised?

Tony likes justice. Not one other lawyer would touch a case involving an abused First Nations. NOT ONE.

It wasn't about money, for Tony. That particular class action took years and years of dedication, and heart wrenching interviews, and not all exactly under the best of conditions.

Tony doesn't have to work one more day in his life.

But he does not ignore injustice. And cannot close his eyes to it.

And he is not scared to roll up his sleeves and attack any sacred cow.

Especially if the cow is quite mad.

I appreciate Tony Merchant because he is not afraid to make hard choices. He is not a sheep. And even the political party or religion he has chosen will not be immune to his scrutiny.

Parsley

Comment

The case is basically this:

The CWB takes money out of the regional pooling accounts to pay for national Licensing costs.

It's a little like making only Westerner farmers pay for national gun registry costs, and Easterngun owners pay nothing.

Part III pool money pays for Part IV national licening.

What's wrong with that?

This....
                              Parliament states that the Federal Government must pay national licenisng costs.

Think about it.

What Parliament in their right mind would make just Mennonites in Manitoba pay for Elections Canada expenses?

National costs are to be paid by Governments, not the local Lion's Club.

The Board are scared of Merchant. And Merchant is paying for the suit himself because farmers cannot afford to.

When Tony is done, he will deduct his expenses, and put the rest into the pooling accounts.

Ask this of the CWB:
                              Why do you use our pooling account money, to fight to maintian farmers continuing to pay national licensing costs, when the CWB Act itself, requires licensing costs to be paid by the Federal Government?

Shouldn't the CWB be eager to send the Government the bill?

rotten,,state....Denmark...smelly....

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...