• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola lift off

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola lift off

Were in vertical mode,where it stops nobody knows.

Lets kill those f'n shorts!

Comment

Cottonpicken

You do know enough about markets/futures to understand for every futures transaction, there is a buyer and a seller? Part of a functioning markets role is to allow buyers and sellers to carry on business on an hourly/daily so they can each capture opportunities, manage risk or in some cases speculate on price direction. Perhaps why I have respect for peoples decision making in a difficult market.

Comment

And the shorts drag markets lower and the longs drag markets higher.

You can place your bet on wether its going down or up.A hedge is still a bet.

Seeing as "most" here are sellers and therefore "long" we want higher prices.

The main reason-we've been kicked around "long" enough.

After whats already happened in wheat and corn-would you stand in front of this train?-or would you get on board?

Comment

Charlie, IMHO it wasn't the grain brokers,wasn't the grain trade, wasn't the the "managed" sellers or buyers, wasn't any Ag economists or Gov't experts that predicted or affected this rally. It was the funds that were looking for opportunities (margins) not currently obtainable in equities,currencies,bonds, or derivitives. When they looked at the CRB indicies while researching oil and precious metal prices, they noticed the grossly disporportioned relationship of grains and oilseeds. In fact the largest decline in the past two weeks was the Thursday of the "Goldmans Roll". Goldman Sachs were rolling their positions ahead and, as it turns out, are still long. Also, IMHO the Federal and Provincial ag economists have been convinced for many years ago that the Prairies need to be a livestock value added region and their attitude to food/feed grains has been a negative contagion throughout the "expert" community. I, therefore, am not surprised at "advise to sell early" mentality, nor do I disagree with selling at levels of profitability. However, I can not feel sympathetic for hedged positions that are caught by this CRB arbitrage after being so brutally abused the last eight to ten years......Bill

Comment

I agree CP, $20.00 Beans come summer/fall!!!!!!!!

P.S. I think 20 is an understatement!!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...