• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat May Average $15 a Bushel in 2009,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat May Average $15 a Bushel in 2009,

Wheat may average $15 a bushel next year, about 57 percent more than the average so far this year, because of increased demand for biofuels and food and little change in the acreage used to grow the grain, UniCredit SpA said.

``Rising global population, the production of biofuels and more protein-rich nutrition in emerging markets are triggering a steady increase in demand'' at about 1.6 percent a year, Jochen Hitzfeld, a commodities analyst in Munich at Italy's largest bank by assets, said in an e-mailed report today. The area given over to wheat has been ``stagnating'' for 30 years, he said.

Wheat for May delivery rose 0.1 percent to $10.42 a bushel on Feb. 15 on the Chicago Board of Trade. U.S. markets are closed today because of President's Day. Wheat climbed to a record $11.53 on Feb. 11.

But in Dear old Western Canada we are told Trust Us we know better than you. CWB!

Again does any one out their believe the CWB will ever get us Western Farmers a Premium. If they didn't in 2007 -08 then will they ever its something all farmers need to discuss. Starting with Flaman and the liberal Agenda for western Canada. Keep us all poor so that the Likes of Ralph and a Few can dominate over the Rest. Hell when I was in Mexico I toured a few Mayan Ruins where The upper class ( Liberals ) ran the show and Ruled over the peasants then all of a sudden some thing happened and this culture of We know better Ended for ever. HM wouldn't that be a perfect world where the likes of Vader and His kind are forever replaced.

Also latest I have heard is its the Fed governments fault that the Price is so low because the CWB has asked for a higher price but the Feds have been dragging their feet. Answer is simple where is our PRO at. Last one I saw was January and I said the PRO should have been at least 100 ton higher but where did it come in at. Simply they sold us out early and missed the boat.

Comment

SKFMR......and now talk of a 4MMT carryout??With these prices...given the chance to `get them`I`m thinking I`d be using a grain vac to suck out the last kernels!!! Just what are these donkeys doing?????

Comment

Protect protect protect. Leave the bins with some grain we keep prices at least lower till reality hits in fall. This protects the Millers in Canada with some supply plus the Warburtons of the world who are our preferred buyers for Below market price.
        This game has got to end.
        Because if all bins were empty stats Canada couldn't kill us in fall with their BS reports that its a bin buster.
        Its all about killing the Bull!

Comment

SF3 Of course the cwb gets us a premium.A few threads back Vader was defending cashplus and he mentioned one way the CWB gets value-----they sell feed wheat for more than feed price and then give credit to the single desk.

HOLY COW all the years I have been examining this scam I never thought of that twisted technique;first use a grading system that puts all kinds of decent wheat down as feed and then take credit for selling it for more than feed value.

I bet that is alot of what their famous "independent" studies did was to give them credit for doing what any grain trader or even any farmer could do;sell a given lot of grain for it's teue value.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...