• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35 cent fob farm red lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 cent fob farm red lentils

Where do you think the price of red lentils will go to.
    Where do you think the prices for other commodities
    will go to?

Until we have double digit interest rates,low m3,low inflation, prices will continue to rise.

We know have global m3 rising at an incredible rate(russias was reportedly 45%),high inflation(around 12%,and if you are going tell me that its not, the government says its 2%-well i have some beach front arizona property you might be interested in).

Plus this isnt your daddys 70's bull.
    Chindia needs very few things from us,one of them,lucky for us,is food.
    And now they have cash.

Otherwise the western world is up sh@t creek.

Comment

your behind the market jag, got bid .37/lb yesterday fob farm.

Comment

WINNIPEG, Manitoba, February 21, 2008 –

The Government of Canada is working hard for farmers by investing in a transportation strategy that will ease the movement of crops across the country and around the world.

James Bezan, Member of Parliament for Selkirk–Interlake, made this announcement today on behalf of the Honourable Gerry Ritz, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and Minister for the Canadian Wheat Board, during the Manitoba Special Crops Symposium.

“The Government of Canada is proud to provide funding to help our farmers compete and profit in an export-dependent market,” said Mr. Bezan. “By investing in projects like this one we will continue to build our reputation as a global leader in pulse production and distribution.”

The federal contribution of $600,000 to Pulse Canada’s transportation strategy, through Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s Advancing Canadian Agriculture and Agri-Food Program, will improve the efficiency and reliability of domestic transportation of pulse and special crop products. Domestic transportation is the first leg in the export movement of pulse and special crops, like lentils, beans, peas and chickpeas, which are exported to over 160 countries around the world.

From Canadian farms to international dinner tables, this export industry moves its crops farther than any other major exporters. This Government understands that smooth transportation is the cornerstone to increased competitiveness of the industry.

The transportation strategy will include consultations with stakeholders, investigations of transportation trends, development of a demand forecasting model as well as the development of an education program for the pulse and special crops shipping industry.

The strategy will allow stakeholders to work together and with Government to identify and resolve transportation issues for the pulse and special crops industry.

“Consistent and reliable transportation is key to profitability in this industry,” said Murad Al Katib, Vice Chair of Pulse Canada and President of Saskcan Pulse Trading. “It’s an important issue for growers, processors and exporters and that’s why the development of the strategy and the search for innovative solutions at Pulse Canada is a top priority.”

Comment

They are 37.5 FOB this aft.

Comment

Reds at 40 cents FOB

Comment

Where are they 40 fob farm?

I am selling certified red impact seed and it hard to
              set a price on the seed. When people phone I have
              been telling them 5 cents over the market price
              when they pick up the seed. Some people want a
              price for the seed right away when they phone and
              with the market climbing like it is it is hard to do.

I am happy that the price is going where it is but it
              is hard to set a price on seed. I would think other
              seed growers are going through the same thing.
              the extra costs and work involved and you end up
              selling some seed for less than you could get it
              picked up fob farm.

But on the other hand if we were not selling it as
              seed it might have been sold already for 30 cents
              or less.

Comment

$110.00 a tonne over regular price?

You set your own price - sell when you want to and to whom? Is that how you are saying you run your seed business?

Surely you are willing pay 9% ($59.40 a tonne @ 30 cents ...because that would probably be your pooled price - Agstar would have you believe there is no red lentil seed left to get the 45 cents anyway) of the gross value of your seed to let someone else manage it for you?

Is it easy to switch from entrepreneur (right side thinking) to CWB principles (left side thinking) when it suits you?

Just asking...

Comment

I thought that the whole deal with red lentils was that they were a larger market and less suceptable to the wild price swings?
                  Don't get me wrong I love it!!!
                  Or was that just the Big Turk telling tales.
                  Is there a futures trading market in the Mid east that "speculators" are pushing the market up or is this what others around the world have been getting all along?

Comment

Big Turk...lol

Futures exchange in India - thinly traded.

Next new crop lentils are 3-4 months away and Canada's 7 months away.

Specs are not driving this crop - end-users are.

Comment

I guess what I am trying to say. The red lentil
                      market is going up and where it is going to stop
                      who knows. 2 months ago lentil prices were less
                      than 30 cents and certified seed was selling for 30
                      cents . The market was still climbing and people
                      wanted to buy seed from me and I said I can not
                      give them a price yet because I think the market is
                      still going up. So I lost a few lentil sales as they
                      got their seed somewhere else.

I am thinking if I loose some seed sales and I can
                      get a higher price picked up at the farm why go
                      through all the extra work and cost of cleaning ect.
                      Might loose some customers if they get their seed
                      somewhere else.

I am new to seed growing but $110/tonne above
                      market price seems pretty standard for certified
                      lentil seed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...