• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Government loses court battle to crack barley monopoly

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government loses court battle to crack barley monopoly

Just read this http://www..cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/02/26/wheat-board.html

Don't let this one upset you. It was predictable. It was never winnable.

Parsley

Comment

If it was never winable why did producers have to pay so much money supporting both sides.

Comment

stubblejumper,

The entire cost of the Wheat Board is a financial pall on the entire DA.

Right from paying for national licensing costs, to farmers fighting other farmers in court.

And costs of WTO court actions.....in the millions!!. Not a peep out of that one from you though.

AS SOON AS YOU SEE A PEER VOICING AN OPINION DIFFERING FROM YOURS, in court, YOU AWAKEN from your Wheat Board love-stupor, and squawk, relieved.....

plop

plop

I'm having a hard time walking my way through that....

I don't want to share a marketing-barnyard with you

Parsley

Comment

I asked a simple question. if it gets your panties in that much of a knot you are more of a redneck idiot than i thought previously

Comment

stubble, think about it awhile and then answer your own question!

Comment

Feedback I got is the court highlighted the government has the right to amend legislation through parliment. It can't make the change for barley through regulation. Any court case after a change to the CWB act is likely to be futile/not prevent an open barley market from coming into being.

Comment

All taxpayers, but especially farmers, should be justifiably outraged that the government has wasted money on the futile appeal. You all knew (as did the Minister) that the appeal would be lost. So aren't you mad as hell at the government's waste of your tax dollars!!!

Comment

A redneck...and proud of it, and knotted lacey, so that is probably why your own panties seem droopy at the mouth, and you're weeping again.

The answer is,stubble, (here it comes again, re-worked, and I'll do it a third and fourth time, if required), producers cannot ever win, when they are saddled with bills, via forced participation.

Did AdamSmith want to pay? No.
                  Was he forced? Yes.
                  Did he like it? No.
                  Does he want more of the same? No

Do you? Oh, ya.

Mamma hit me with the brain-dead-board.

What will make me madder than hell, hoppsing, is a bunch of mealy-mouthed CWB staff whining, saying they need a stress leave bonus because the court cases are sooooooooo stressful on them.

A delete button would serve nicely, rather than farmers just complaining, don't you agree hoppsing?

60% of each CWB department should be dragged into delete. And then deleted into trash. That should help counterbalance courtcase expenses, very nicely, I might add.

Parsley

Comment

The NISA point of sale guidelines were also never changed by parliment and the Federal Court continues to try and have the case tossed out. Any case that may benefit the farmers which are the same does not seem to matter. The courts just rule against the farmers benefitting with the help of the lawyers.

Comment

Hoppsing

Yes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...