• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

selling wheat into the US

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selling wheat into the US

I phoned a couple of elevators in the US about selling them some wheat, but nobody was buying any wheat at this time. Has anyboby moved any wheat into the US lately(through a cwb buyback)?

lesm,

I did a buyback on some of my unregistered wheat. Bought it back on the 15th of Feb.

I dealt through Delmar Commodities of Winkler MB.

The key to selling wheat in the US is the buyer must have an end-use certificate. The reason for this is Wheat can't be imported into the US and then exported. For this reason buyers must be able to certify the wheat stays in the US and is used domesticly. In order to do this they must special bin the wheat so as to make sure it doesn't enter the regular stream of wheat in which case there is no way for them to guarentee it won't be exported.

My wheat was sold directly to a flour mill in Hastings Minn. a direct end user. I pay the trucking to Hastings.

So the trick is to find a buyer willing to special bin it and to have a domestic buyer for the wheat.

I would encourage you to call Martin Harder at Delmar Commodities 1-888-974-7246.

What I understand is the buyback of feed has gone up over $100/t since we did our deal.

I will note that I will be contacting Ritz and the CWB about what I consider the inappropriate need to do a buyback in order to export un-registered wheat.

The CWB does not market this wheat. They do not want it in the system so they have no resonable arguement for extorting such a large sum of money for doing nothing except standing in the way of someone else doing what they won't do.

Comment

if the cwb does not deal with this grain and the buyback is so high, is there no final payment or what do they do with your money?

Comment

jrdad,

oh no I'm now in the pool.

The question is how much of the buyback will I get back?

based on the Jan PRO I may get back a buck and a half.

But interesting the old crop / new crop spread on cwb feed wheat PRO is minus $39/t. 07/08 PRO is $290 while the 08/09 feed wheat PRO is $251.

meanwhile the same spread on #1 13.5 is plus $31. 07/08 PRO is $359 while the 08/09 PRO is $390.

Go figure that one out and tell me if I should expect anything back at all little own the $1.50 that the Jan PRO might indicate.

Why I even have to go through this buyback and being thrown into the pool just isn't justifiable for non licenced un-registered wheat.

Comment

A.S., you're right it is outrageous. The Western Grain Panel unanimously recommended that un-registered varieties should be allowed out of the monopoly. We need to convince Minister Ritz to get the Governor in Council to order export licences to producers. What's the CWB going to do? Take them to court saying "we can let anyone we choose out of the monopoly, but our bosses the Government can't?" Ludicrous!

Comment

we have a bin of unregesterd IP 5400WHT.THAT HAS DARK GREEN FROST IT WILL NOT BLEND INTO THE REST OF OUR WARBURTON CONTRACT.PHONED THE BD TO GET A
            BUY OUT PRICE FOR FEED WHT.,THOUGHT WE MITE SHOP IT AROUND SOUTH OF THE BORDER. THEY WANT471.61A TONNE TO BUY OUT THE FEED WHT.THE PRO. IS 290.00

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...