• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

66 Merc Meteor 2dr HT

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

66 Merc Meteor 2dr HT

Cropduster you asked. Looked at one near Selkirk on the weekend. Body and interior as perfect as a 42-year-old car can be. No oil leaks anywhere. Started right off without plug in and ran as smooth as my grama's skin. Frame is another story. Probably won't pass safety here. Negotiating price considering repairs needed on frame. Next - gotta find a shop for frame repairs.

And the back seat will get the new cover first?

Parsley

Comment

Think about it.

You don't need a new frame.

Comment

Oh, parsley, you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad! Don't you be givin' my kids any bad ideas.

None of the seats need new upholstery. Couldn't believe it. Even the dash is crack free! Only needs a new carpet inside and that isn't even all that bad.

Comment

I was suggesting that upholstery istallation could be faultfree, by beginning in the back before tackling the front, considering it is a 2-door.

Am I allowed to take it for a spin in the summerfallow when you have finished the restoration?

I am quite the driver, I must admit, but my concentration gets the best of me.

Parsley

Comment

I know an Mech engineer in Edmonton who is just the best at fixing old cars.

Parsley

Comment

Okay, parsley, send me the person's name - if you dare. You have my e-mail address. Maybe he'll know a shop that can help me out.

As for a spin in the summerfallow - wouldn't even let my dear, old Mom do that. Now a spin around town with your honey sitting on your lap - that might be arranged. Car has a stick shift so he'll either have to sit on the console or on your lap. Can you take the heat?

Comment

Will find the email address and forward it.

He has his own shop.

He's in Germany for a gig of work. Soon home, if not now.

You're smart not letting me drive. My mind strays, at times. If I/we am up in that area, will be sure to take you up on a tour. Thanks for the offer.

Had a great tour of Calgary last week, including Big Rock brewery. What a great manager they have. They'd better pay him well. Stayed one night in the fritzy houses section, too, ate fancy Italian, and re-visited Calgary.

Loved it.

Parsley

Comment

Forwarded.

He's smart and talented.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...