• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love is Blind

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love is Blind

Loving the Wheat Board has made farmers blind.

In organics, some Boardblind folks cry for more Wheat Board.

In the seed growers, some Boardblind folks cry for more Wheat Board

In conventional farming, some Boardblind folks cry for more Wheat Board.

Change versus more of the same.

We need tough love.

Many times, I have referred to national Wheat Board licensing which Parliament has seen fit to install on all Canadians.

This national licensing exercise has the same requirements in all provinces, with the costs to be paid for by the Federal Government.

Westerners jump hoops no one else does, and pays for the whole shabang.

Love blinded them from asking, "Why am I the only guy picking up the tab, again?"

Who are these farmers wanting more of the same? Identifying them means we can educate them.

It is difficult to count the green bucks if you are colorblind, and love of the Wheat Board makes you blind, so they say.

Why are they blind?

I had an email that underscored the idea that anyone in the West can get a damn license if they jump the CWB hoops.

What is so dangerous about this assumption, is that many farmers think that doing a buyback in the West, is the same as what Easterners do, except it costs a tad more cash.

What is not understood is this:

1. Easterners apply for a license and get it. End of story.

2.On the other hand, Western farmers:
    a) Apply for a CWB license, and are denied the license.
    b) Have little alternative than to sell their grain to the CWB for a low price, and also lose ownership of their grain.
    c) Buy Wheat Board owned grain at a high price
    d) Pay for all the buying and selling and licensing out of the pools.

What is not understood is this:

1. Feed mills apply for a license and get it. End of story.

2. Seed growers right across Canada apply for a license and get it IF it is sold as seed. End of story.

3.Not so with organcis. Organic growers go through the entire convoluted process with this exception: When they buy back their grain, the CWB closes their eyes and just charges them a little bit of money (this yearly quarter, but it will vary ...), the amount depending upon whether it is a Tuesday, the moon is blue, or Rohlehehaw has a toothache.

REMEMBER THIS.......
    *****Westerner farmers should not have to buy Wheat Board grain....
    ******Westerners should not have to lose ownership of the grain they grow.

Hunt down the Boardblind. Sit them down. They need to learn there is a world out there.

Parsley

Huh. I always heard that kind of lovin' made hair grow on your palms as well as making you blind.

Comment

I heard at a cwb meeting in medicine hat on
      monday .To buy back your wheat contract , they want
      $22.00 per bu. not tonne Can they be right I hope
      friday Is the offical Begining of the end of Cwb. I hope
      all farmers close to Regina head there and cheer the
      minister on . some of us are to far away

Comment

Seehowthis, New on the Block newman,

Is 22.00 too much? If, for example, the CWB were going to buy essential oils for the massage room at the CWB, jeez, that is expensive. Plus a lexus at CWB office in Hong Kong, and probably a couple of them at the China CWB office.

These things take cash, and it saves money if the Board doesn't hire staff to give services rendered for the 22.00. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a full 22.00 profit, and the price would have to go to, say, $25.00

"Trubble is, farmers just dun don't no howta countup savings to spend."

Parsley

Comment

$22.00/bu buyback! With that, I am sure the staff car in Hong Kong is a Rolls. Trouble is, there is no CWB Hong Kong office.

Comment

That you know about.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...