• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified HRSW going to US

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certified HRSW going to US

Is this permitted???

Certified seed?

Comment

yes,anything with a crop certificate

Comment

Timm,

Must swear an end use certificate that it will be used for planting purposes.

Lots of paper, Phyos, etc.

Get it precleared... if you are working on this.

Comment

Its starting to happen in our area...im not a seed grower but its putting the price of seed up because the pool isnt the only other option....and as long as a farmer in the US buys it then he could plant it but most likely resell for a profit...who would know the difference???

Comment

timm,

"Who would know the difference?"

An Honest person would find out... and know before they signed the Stat Decl. on the sale of the seed to the USA.

The CWB system is inherently set up to reward cheaters and liars.

Think about this.

If the CWB were one iota worried about tonnes committed in the "designated area" over a crop year... the CWB actually being able to ship that wheat/barley to a sal/client... wouldn't you agree this should be declared up front... at the beginning of the crop year... so the CWB did not count on grain they would never receive?

SO,

What is the proceedure... for a buy back... or export license... that would allow proper risk mitigation of this situation?

It simply does not exist.

A buyback requires a CWB contract. The CWB is not getting the grain to sell themselves.

A seed declaration is even more perverted. A CWB contract is taken out on the seed wheat... then the CWB cancels that CWB contract (A series for instance) IF it is sold as pedigreed seed.

This CWB system to do producer direct shipments/exports in totally disfunctional, illogical, and immoral.

No wonder the NFU/NDP/CFA and Liberals like it so much! I don't think the Bloc has a clue what is going on... but that may be giving them too much credit too!

Comment

So if your offered 15 dollars for your wheat by a US grower you wouldn't sell it unless you were certain it was going to be used for seed ??

Comment

timm,

If I did it... I would be in deep crap if it ended back up in a local elevator.

Perhaps they would never check your customer out.

I know lots of seed is moving south.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...