• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash For Farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I'd even kick into a collection to pay for the membership!
    ( Unless you're already secretly a member)

Comment

Cottonpicken, wow, those old posts were great (really).
      You did call this market. I owe you a beer (my standard bet), any predictions on the next bull? For a beer if you are ever in central alberta (okay, maybe a beer and a steak).

Comment

Cotton, You caught me also. Sure glad I didn't price as bad as I said. But now got a bin of heated stuff to deal with. At the moment I am one month into a 6 month waiting list with Bunge. Could even be into new crop. Boy is there heated stuff around.

Comment

HOPPERBIN,

You should find out the cost of having a colour sorter/gravity take the heated Canola out. My bet is that it would easily pay a handsome return.

Flaman in Saskatoon is supposed to be setting up a demo machine shortly I was told.

Comment

Tom I don't think it is worth it. My average sample is 45% heated that I could separate out. That 45% stuff is about a 6 dollar deduction from number 1 price, at one time. Could be different now that number 1 is worth much more. Brokers only offered me half that price.
            If the percentage of heated goes up in the case of cleaning then I would not get anything out of the heated, harder to sell. Unless you know of a place that will pay good for 90 percent heated. Bunge won't take it then.
            Never actually checked if cleaning is possible. The outside colour of the bad seeds are mostly the same as the good ones.

Comment

Hopperbin,

WAS Just a thought.

All the best.

Comment

I admit I sold some too soon. No sense crying about it. Can't do anything about it now. But even CP's $12 sale looks too low now too. Hindsight marketing's a wonderful thing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...