• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High HRS and Durum prices a Myth in Western Canada!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better country will be built by individuals talking to each other not by Politicos. Just takes the will to negotiate and not expect you will get everything you as an individual might like , but with what everybody can live with. Accomdation compromise not appeasement. In other words you may not get all you want the exact way you want it.

Comment

Why do the columnists,mostly self proclaimed professionals, never delve into the recent rural election results? Only Manitoba has has remained left of center politically, and not in the rural ares. The CWB debate has been a part of the last three Provincial elections....and all strongly supporting the Choice candidates in the rural ridings. I think Parsely is correct, politics is driven by the media, which are urban centric, very unknowledgeable about complex policies...grain, trade, finance,etc. They are very aware that controversy is "good copy" and sells the product of which their livelyhood depends upon. But professioal? honourable? credible?....just like the politicians they follow. Talk about a symbiotic relationship!....Like Parsley says....the ones we trust...Bill

Comment

Did you put a hand out in Regina, agstar?

Did I?

Parsley

Comment

Was'nt there but I am willing to shake hands with anyone as long as they don't bite it!

Comment

Biting you, agstar?

Ah, er, ah, that's a...er,... revelation.

Certainly if you were taking me out to dinner, I wouldn't bite, because I could not bite the hand that feeds me.

However, f you are having a reoccurring biting problem, that you have surprisingly revealled online, I presume either you are extremely snarly, or attract biters, or both, or else your hands are exceptionally tasty.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of biters here.

Comment

Yes. They have taken such a big bite out of yours and the CWB's single-desk logic, there remains little reasoning and logic left standing that can attract young farmers.

Young.

You must have noticed the youg farmers in Regina.

They don't want your ideology, agstar.

Parsley

Comment

Yes, to be young and foolish again. To be easily misled by false profits( pardon the pun)

Comment

Yeah,Nielsen from the WBG is probably still in diapers, he's so young!

Comment

Agstar77

Any comments about the Alberta election? Will note the 2 political parties that supported retention of the status quo CWB didn't elect one candidate in rurual Alberta.

Interesting that recently elected governments in 2 provinces and represent 90 % of western Canadian barley production support Ritz's efforts. Their base of support is rural.

Comment

There were lots of young guys there. 17-25 year olds too.

Gerrid Gust was a young farnmer that spoke at Regina, good speaker, well dressed, gorgeous smile,(I'm old but not blind), aware of the issues, wanting change, a keen, keen farmer.

How can agriculture go wrong with guys like him. Farmering should hope Hollywood doesn't nab him.

And agstar, speaking of profits, Gust is having PRO fits every time he looks up the CWB's daily PRO.

Parsley

Comment

The only remark I will make about Alberta is they had about a 40 % turnout. The apathy was overwhelming. When only 40 % vote I don't think any issue interested them.

Comment

Gerrid's on the board of the wheat growers too not your average 30 year old.

Comment

I do not consider any farmer average, stubblejumper.

You have no idea what a wonderful lot they are, as also are you, because you are blinded by yourself.

Farmers are hard working, innovative, good community people. They are the most solitary co-operators imaginable.

They are inventive. Dependable. In tune with nature.

I admire them as a lot. All of them exceed average, stubble.

It is why farmers rate so high with Canadians.

Parsley

Comment

Agstar77

Interesting comment. Can I clip and paste your comments after the CWB director elections this fall?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...