• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof The CWB is WORST MARKETER on PLANET EARTH.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof The CWB is WORST MARKETER on PLANET EARTH.

Charlie,

Am I missing something?

The CWB was pushing for buyback prices on CWRS 13.5px... of well over $800/t.

At the same time... we are told we must carry over 2mmt of wheat.

And in the same breath... we are told in the next pool year... our wheat will be worth less than $400/t.

ABOUT Same goes for DURUM.

SO... who takes the loss on 3mmt... @ $400/t?

"designated area" grain growers/farmers... the tax payer of Canada (in higher safety net payouts) and the banks in higher bankruptcies!

Many cattle and hog growers have milling wheat in their bins too.

ANYONE... would rather have cash in the bank... than take a $400/t hit on inventory... ESPECIALLY when we are all so cash short right now!

Are we all idiots... or what?

Who can actually change the buyback prices this afternoon over coffee?

Cut them in half?

Or a 75% cut?

And what will spur them to make that cut?

Parsley

Comment

Charlie,

I just phoned the CWB HOTLINE (IT will get much hotter in the future):

#1CPS Red- buyback $178.53/t

If Feed Wheat the $240.09/t

On Friday's Prices. Over $42/t more to buy back feed wheat.. than Milling wheat.

What on earth are these people doing?

GRADE A INSANITY.

Comment

I assume you are meaning wheat in commercial position. There has been 100 % acceptance on the A and B series for wheat ex durum and 100 % on durum A series. I also suspect there will be acceptance on the C series. Farmers may choose to carry wheat between crop years but that will be their decision.

http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/farmers/levels/

If you are referring to commercial, I suspect there will be some held in inventory on July 31 to cover the best customers needs for the August and September. Japan takes about 100,000 tonnes/month. Domestic millers need 250,000 every month. There would be others as well. Obviously, this inventory should be forward priced and include the carry in the market place from current levels but there will be physical inventory none the less.

Comment

Charlie,

We have been told for months... that the CWB will not lkely take Series C. DO a B or eat it.

Then there is the $15/t storage program... with the fantastic right to do a loonietune PPO... while we loose $400/t and go into 08-09.

You must admit... there are literally thousands of grain growers with hundreds of millions in wheat and durum locked out of these $1000/t prices.

Wht will we do next year... after the globa community has paid $1000/t for milling wheat?

Drown in wheat... while we "designated area" slaves will not be allowed to access the market now.

How on earth is this smart, good marketing... or anything less than total insanity?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...