• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things to follow this week

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the PRO. It's a price projection, that moves up or down, mostly down. You try and take the CWB PRO to the bank, and they will laugh you out of the office.

I have been using the BPC's since they came out, I have always beat the PRO, and that is playing by the CWB's rules on basis and adjustment factors.

You are dreaming in technicolor if you think the PRO will be higher than the open markets at the end of the crop year.

Comment

Agstar, I start reading all available reports in early morning and watch the markets intermittently till 1:30P.M. The rewards are phenominal. The best and easiest money you can make is by marketing your own grains. The biggest decision is when to pull the pin. Most of our open market crops are sold between Feb. and May.

Comment

lesm, sounds a little to like the hype that was probably going around in the spring of '29. Any dam fool can make big bucks on the exchange. We can all hit the high all the time. the majority of the time, once in a while. or anyway I did once or a friend of mine said he heard of a guy that did.

Food prices are going to be a consistently reasonable percentage of the gdp for a while. Production, quality, and resources to go into our crops are not going to be consistently in our favour. I say take a good average when times are good and you'll be happier taking a good average when times aren't so good.

Comment

A true Canadian, medium is the message.

Comment

Was at the Humboldt meeting today and the board actually thinks the barley acreage will be up this year. Not sure why because at the moment there is no clear pricing on cash plus yet. They have no answers to as how much of risk the farmer is responsible for, then all other malt sales will go into a pool account. Think about it at most in our area we can get 80% acceptance on our barley which is about as good as it gets. So that means 20 percent of the time the farmer is going to be on the hook for making up the price difference later. Who in their right mind would make a deal like that? This year that price difference could be 3 or 4 dollars per bushel, costly. Of course the CWB could control the price and keep it down like they usually do just to avoid this train wreck about to happen.

Comment

This week might be interesting.

The stars are lining up for change with an unprecedented bull market in the commodities, but in some cases Western Canadian farmers will receive less than 50% of World prices.

"I look forward to seeing all of you in Weyburn on the 6th of March." - James Chatenay, Acclaimed CWB Elected Director, District 2.

It is unjust to throw farmers in jail in one part of the country and not in the other for doing the same thing: growing and selling their own grain.

It is also wrong to use pool money to fight those who want their freedom and strongly believe in a better system without the CWB monopoly.

The average price for your grain, sold through the CWB is just not good enough anymore.

Marketing Choice Meetings

Goal: To be front-page news from Vancouver to St. Johns, the week before the next Federal Election.

March 6, 2008
              2:00 PM
              McKenna Auditorium
              313 - 3rd St. South
              Weyburn, SK

Unprecedented Support From:

Malt Barley Industry Association
              Western Grain Elevator Association
              Western Barley Growers
              Western Wheat Growers
              Winnipeg Commodity Exchange
              Marketing Choice Alliance
              Alberta & Saskatchewan Governments

Things to Consider:

.. the Harper government took it upon themselves to expedite barley marketing in the courts (next available court date was 2 years into the future)

.. the Americans have exported 25% more Durum wheat than they grow!

It's not our intention to flood Montana and North Dakota with Western Canadian grain, but without free and open markets, there will be no value-added industry in the West. No pasta, no malt barley and no flour!!! Investment in these industries will not be held hostage to the CWB!

Export Permit

Pedigree Seed Growers - Free
              Manufactured Feed Processors - Free
              Quebec - Free
              Ontario - Free
              B.C. - Free
              Organic Producers - Less than $5 per tonne

We have to insist that the Minister issue free permits, and from an entity other than the CWB

CWB Fall Elections: In the even there is no spring election, we have to push the emotion of the Bull Commodity Market into next fall's CWB Director Elections. It is the only enduring way to prevent subsequent Liberal governments from re-establishing the Wheat Board Monopoly.

Parsley

Comment

I'll be trying to keep up with weather/climate related cropping decisions and options. Marketing according to what I see there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...