• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Wives Differ from the Farm Men?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As usual adding to the MARKETING thread ( Calving time I am now officially cranky)

Comment

Actually mcfarms, the initial post reflects some interesting tidbits concerning marketing, and I actually did it for a reason.

When marketing, whom you are targetting?

Who would fill the best role as an employeee?

Read them, keeping in the back of your mind you are spending $25K on advertising.

Think global.

If you are able to refine market-targets when you sell for top prices, it is prudent.

Parsley

Comment

Round-up will fix those neurons!

Comment

Agstar, don't you mean prevaricate?

Comment

Could be, but there is disagreement in Google land on the Spelling. Could have used lying , but didn't sound as good.

Comment

Parsley
              Ahh yes the gender based linear theory on HR and how it affects coporate marketing. I should have considered it's relevance to all those that peruse this site. (lol)(still cranky)

Comment

Hey McFarms, get rid of those goofy cows and plant some canola. I hear the price went up a bit since last year this time.

Comment

mcfarms, you are a little testy, but I don't blame you. Been there. Done that. And perhaps non-established marketing has little importance in your vision.

My comments are always aimed at how do farmers get more money in their pockets, you'll notice. How do we get juicy premiums?

My posting was, even in our own homes, we think differently. Can we put that fact to good use? Maybe we can think broader. Think about what you actually produce. Think out of the "herd mentality",(a suitable pun,lol). Corporate is/is not relevant.

Making that beef you produce more valuable, not just dumping it at the auction. Kobe beef in Japan is an example. Specialty grains. The guy who bought the $2000 dog wants to buy choice morsels.

What would make consumers really really want to seek you out and buy from you/your company/your co-operative/your area?

French farmers have perfected the "area" shopping well.

If we want to put more cash in our pockets, maybe we need to convince the buyer, have the ability to bypass established huge systems....marketing/manufacturing/processing...and refine...redefine....

It's not for every producer....but it's what many walleted shoppers seek.

Do some growers have the wonk to dream a plan on paper?

Comment

Ah, agstar, we've observed your inability to connect the dots displaying the Wheat Board's dysfunction.

You've just revealed the reason for the shortcircuiting you suffer.

My kindest regrets,
                    Parsley

Comment

Smelled too many Glyphosate fumes. But whats your excuse?

Comment

You could not connect single-desk dots so that they would provide freedom of choice, a sense of pride, vitality in agriculture, a sense of dignity, or meaningful rewards simply because it is impossible to do, and only damaged neurons would try.

It's like trying to plug a forty year wet noodle into the motherboard.

There are a lot of us who want to plug in to a brand new circuit.

There is no excuse for not being more insistent, though.

Parsley

Comment

Is there such a thing as pride of ownership?

Do farmers grow wheat and just want a % of it? What % do you want?

If you have to buy your own property back, first of all it means you have conceded it is not soley your property.

Secondly, it means your remaining share, is entirely negotiable.

Thirdly, it means farmers have allowed a third party to negotiate what share will actually be appropriated to them.

Hmmm.

Is that a direct result of #2 or #5 in the list above?

Parsley?

Comment

Women can HEAR the thievery.

Parsley

Comment

Only a woman would talk open,free,fair,markets,and then bring up french farmers,who have been stabbing western canadian farmers in the back far worse than any cwb could.

To bad extra neurons dont mean extra logic.

Comment

French is France.

for cotton:

http://telefocus.indexstock.com/content/topsearches/Provence_photos.asp

for the rest who can read:
                                http://www.investinprovence.com/eng/excellence/agro.html

btw, cott, could I order you the one at the top of the page:

http://www.umanitoba.ca/outreach/cm/vol8/no18/foot.html

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...