• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It will be an ugly couple days ahead!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopperbin,

Apologize for the fishing analogy but sometimes the fish are deeper in the water and you have to sink the hook to find them. Today, I suspect the market may a spot where the commercials (including the Chinese) are willing to start buying to cover their cash purchase needs. No one wants to be short this summer at least least until there is some certainty around crop size. Suspect the funds want to be long as well.

Cottonpicken - Not negative this market. Am curler and enjoying the brier. Note the best teams also have good guards in place after lead - my grain analogy would be having the first 25 % of the crop priced. If really want to make your money as a consultant, you have some advice on when to buy calls or heavan forbid, replace your 2008 deferred delivery with a long futures position. If this was curling, it would be called a raise. Not suggesting by the way. As Zaphod, I would be trading this market like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. But then, I am not a risk taker.

Comment

CP: Maybe you were apart of lees famous "at least one marketing agencie is recommending selling 25% of 08 crop at 464".

CHAFF: Nope. I don’t work with farmers on this stuff. (I work with farmers on other things – like the CWB policy “Gong Show”.) (But I certainly agree with the approach of selling a portion of you crop at what sure seems to me to be a profit. (Trade like a cowboy but manage the farm like a business...)

CP: When you use words like "protect" and "risk management" and "my clients have clarity and wisdom to know this" makes me think your doing a bang up job advising people.

CHAFF: This really isn’t about me, so I’ll be brief. First, I’m not an “advisor”. (Keep fishing...) And second: yes, my clients like what we’ve been doing. I won't say any more.

CP: I bet you've takin more than a few nasty phone calls as of late.

CHAFF: You wish. (It would all make so much sense (to you) to have a guy (like me) who bugs you so much, to get some back, wouldn’t it?) I’m sorry to disappoint you….

CP: Yes i have things to learn,there ALWAYS is,but its nothing compared to the hole you are in.

CHAFF: Hole? What hole? Remember, my clients aren’t farmers. (Keep fishing…)

I know a guy who worked for a multinational company. One year, through some brilliant trading, he made gobs of money for them. But instead of a big bonus, after reviewing/auditing his year, they thanked him for the huge profits and fired him. Seems he took on too much risk for the company’s appetite.

Sincere question, CP: Does that make any sense to you?

Comment

Oh boy a riddle wrapped in a puzzle surronded by an enigma.

You keep telling everyone here about the past and i'll keep telling them about the future.

Comment

CP - forever dodging and weaving, eh? You made of teflon? When you're made to think on your own, you just put up the ol' smokescreen.

I asked a sincere question you missed. How you reply to this (or not) will speak volumes about you, but I'll give you another crack at it....

I know a guy who worked for a multinational company. One year, through some brilliant trading, he made gobs of money for them. But instead of a big bonus, after reviewing/auditing his year, they thanked him for the huge profits and fired him. Seems he took on too much risk for the company’s appetite.

Sincere question, CP: Does that make any sense to you?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...