• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought maps

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drought maps

Lets hope that the last half March and April are as wet as forcasters say!
    P.S. - nice finish today in the markets.

Here is a USDA drought map for those who have not found/bookmarked.

http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

Comment

Many of you might need more moisture but here in N.E. Sk. we don't want any more till at least June. In our drainage basin all the lakes are at record levels and water is oozing out of the groud where there were never springs before. In the last 2 years we have had hundreds of culverts washed out, the railine washed out and many roads washed out. I never thought I would say we have too much water but "We have too much water".

Comment

I can't believe it is dry somewhere. We have been flooded since the fall of 2005. We need moisture like a hole in the head out here. I'm hoping for a drought. This is when our area can grow good grain. Like in 2001-2003. The best years of my farming career. We seriously do not need rain until July. at this rate, we won't be seeding til June. We actually have lots of snow out there, and are worried about a wet spring, AGAIN. If we have a wet spring, I quit.

Comment

Well then; my point was that a huge area of western Canada is bone dry at this time. I know that north east Sask. is very wet, i hope things turn around for all. We all need this crop!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...