• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama and guns in the usa.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama and guns in the usa.

i know it is off topic but do things seem a little strange when obama is just trying to limit clips to 10 rounds and remove the assault rifles and seems to be getting huge push back from the pro gun lobby.

i admit i am not a hunter and don't own a gun.

What is strange? Obama is a normal
    leftist. Of course therefore he is anti-
    gun. I do not think it is strange at
    all...

Comment

Not about guns , it's about all the money made in the weapons industry.

Comment

The media is reporting there has been over 900 gun deaths in the united states since the Newtown school shootings. Many Americans willingly accept thousands of gun deaths per year. Clearly this is a result of an over armed population willing to kill each other. The Americans are spending billions to prevent terrorists from attacking US citizens but they aren't willing to do anything serious about the thousands of deaths each year from guns. Americans have a distorted view of freedom. Many states do not require a background check before purchasing guns. So your average criminal or psychopath can walk into any gun store and purchase whatever they want. Not a very smart way to run a country. The right to bear arms has blinded many americans when it comes to making good public policy. Unfortunately some of the NRA's BS has been creeping north of the 49th and was heard during the gun debates in this country. The US is also the source of most of the illegal guns imported into Canada to be used in crime.

Comment

It's a complicated subject, and so many different
          opinions. The average criminal probably doesn't
          buy from a gun store, doesn't need a background
          check.
          Prohibition makes illegal markets more lucrative,
          see "war on drugs".
          Are there statistics where unarmed people are shot
          vs where there are armed people who can shoot
          back.
          Many people seem to think that if you have a
          firearm you want to kill people. Here's an
          interesting look at how people think, may not be
          accurate, but worth a look, it's about 17 pages long,
          so takes some time.
          http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-
          z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

Comment

The first goal of any communist
            government is to disarm its people. But
            I'm sure those people who think it's
            okay to break the highest law of man and
            God won't have it in them break gun
            control laws.

"those who sacrifice liberty in exchange
            for security do not deserve, nor will
            receive either". Ben Franklin

Comment

The USA constitution guarantees the citizens the right to keep guns. Not to target shoot or hunt or even defend themselves from crime....but to kill any tyrants who try to take away their freedom.
              In Canada we are owned by the Crown. In the USA the individual owns himself.

Comment

The assault weapon ban will never see the light of
                day. He's trying to take too much at once. To be
                honest, I don't really see a big difference between an
                AR and a regular semi auto .223, besides the front
                handle and the look. If it wasn't available, the
                crazies would be able to use many other weapons
                just as effectively.
                Screening sounds good but it still doesnt stop kids
                from stealing parents guns, or finding them illegally
                somewhere. Im sure these hate websites that many
                of the crazies frequent, have people willing to arm
                someone as well
                Reducing clip size is similar to what Canada did
                after the Montreal shooting. Its kind of a joke as I
                can go into wholesale sports and buy an ar-15 with,
                I believe, a thirty round clip, which is rivoted down to
                5. A few minutes with a drill and its illegal again.

Adam Lanza could have used a knife and caused
                the same carnage.
                The way I see it, mental health seems to be the
                issue but but blaming guns is easier

Comment

This was a story printes on Dec 20, 2012, a victims view not mine....

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert!

These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence.

The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association.

The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter.

I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death.

Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room.

Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
                  Your words are empty air.
                  You've stripped away our heritage,
                  You've outlawed simple prayer.
                  Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
                  And precious children die.
                  You seek for answers everywhere,
                  And ask the question "Why?"
                  You regulate restrictive laws,
                  Through legislative creed.
                  And yet you fail to understand,
                  That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc.

Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation?

We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence.

And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA.

They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties.

We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right!

I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools.

Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him.

To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

- Darrell Scott
                  Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.
                  God Bless

Comment

I would like statistics on those 900 gun deaths.
                    How many crazies, gang members, drug dealers, mafia hits, thieves shot in a crime, domestic deaths, children?
                    They might not all have been innocent victims.
                    How many in Canada at the same time?

Comment

Nothing strange about it. If it does go through, it will be tossed out as soon as the Republicans can get their chosen man into office.

Really won't change anything. Anybody who wants to buy these weapons will do so immediately and beat the ban.

But I really don't think its going to happen. I don't know that a President wants to walk around with a bullseye on himself, and that's exactly what would happen.

Comment

Someone still has to pull the trigger....

Comment

Obama is trying to pander to his liberal
                          cheerleaders once again and use this school
                          shooting to push his agenda. This is similar to
                          when he made his Keystone pipeline decision
                          listening to environmentalists instead of creating
                          jobs.

All the gun control talk has created record sales
                          for guns, ammo and clips.

Comment

maybe we should get him talking about banning wheat and beef? Sales might skyrocket!

Comment

For a country that has no problem killing , assanating any forien leader or drug cartel and talking openly about it , why do they wonder when one of thier citizens step out of line and do what some voice in thier heads tells them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...