• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama and guns in the usa.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The actual ammendment calls for a government militia to bear arms not joe public. The NRA has conveniently omitted that part. Another part of the Hysteria around guns in the U.S.

Comment

To samhil's comment

tman - I'm curious as to why you think the wrong shirt
      size at JC Penny might cause an angry reaction. To Samhill the guy has a machine gun strapped to his back at a JC Penney store. Comprendey?? I can see if someone has some one that does not like them gotta protect oneselve lol. But a machine gun will cause a lot of collateral. One cannot actually carry one in a JC Penney store can they?

Comment

samhill, I was being a little facetious with that shirt size comment. Seriously, it can take so very little to set someone off because they're having a bad day, a bad year or bad life. I've had the great misfortune to meet and know many people who are complete assholes to fellow human beings because they're 60 year old spoiled brats or they have issues of abuse from their childhood that they haven't dealt with. Just ask anyone who works/worked in the service industry such as a waitress about those type of people.

Now give those same people guns and that waitress better not make any mistakes with their food/drink order. And be sure not to cut anyone off in traffic or road rage turns into homicide...experienced gun owners or not.

It doesn't matter when someone gets introduced to a gun. If they have had the proper childhood and are taught responsibility at an early age, they will be responsible with a gun whether their first hunt is at age 9 or 35.

Comment

Oneoff How many mass murders on the scale of Newtown have you seen committed with a pipe wrench or a baseball bat? If all these other weapons are so effective as machine guns and assault rifles then the military would still be using bayonets and horses.

You also underestimate the ability of cultural change. Slavery was once an integral part of American culture. Blacks were once segregated from whites in schools and on buses. While racism still exists in the USA there has been a profound cultural change.

Who knows how this will play out. But societies do change and it usually starts from the citizens themselves and then the politicians catch up.

Ask your self this question. If I need guns to defend my family and property is that a good place to live? Excessive violence and lack of security in society is a sign of serious problems.

As the American empire slowly declines I think the risk of social unrest increases. And this will impact Canadians.

Comment

Is it totally OK if only one person (or maybe a couple at most) gets killed in a violent incident?

You're concentrating on the magnitude and modus operandi.

That isn't the most important consideraation at all. People ignorantly think that all access to guns can be regulated. Will they then "be safe" or just "feel safe".

And your disagreement is with US gun ownners; not me. If you were to have a dialogue with US gun owners in the USA; you would not be greeted as pleasantly as the conversations on this forum.

Comment

Don't ever become convinced that a public debate between two persons is limited to the two parties. If I believed that there would certainly be less replies from my end.
              As for the USA decline; Canada goes lock step down with them. And but for their protection (of course for their own reasons) Canada and its citizens would have additional national protection interests to handle ourselves.

Comment

To Hopper and Tman:
                Seriously read this article:

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-
                z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

Persons who commit terrible acts are mentally
                unbalanced, it is a disease, like having any disease.
                Those who are responsible for caring for them need
                to be vigilant. Those who want to blame me for
                wanting to not be penalized because of the acts of
                others not stable, are acting unjustly and not
                logically. As one other said, it's like blaming my
                spoon for making me fat, but also blaming food
                production.
                The article posted discusses how people project
                their thoughts onto others, and it's not logical.
                It also discusses how some prefer to feel victimized,
                rather than taking responsibility for themselves.
                I prefer logic, personal responsibility.

Comment

You are 600 time more like to die from medical malpractice than from an assault riffle in the US. Maybe we should be talking about banning medicine too.

Comment

Maybe its all about closing your eyes and "feeling safer".

Comment

I'm just grateful Chuckchuck can no longer apply his
                      world view and politics to my grain. Sounds like he
                      understands the USA as well as he did our industry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...