• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rest Well Eugene Whelan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest Well Eugene Whelan

Condolences to his family

My sincere condolensces as well. He was a truly special canadian. You may not have agreed with him but never could doubt is sincerity and committment to agriculture.

Comment

I met him at Agribition once. Not many know it but he was the one who pushed the government to build the 2 big new Agribition buildings in Regina 30 years ago.

Comment

I met Senator Whelan in the lobby in
        downtown Edm, after presenting to the
        Senate on CWB bill C4.
        He told me I was going to go to jail for
        my passionate attacks on the CWB single
        desk.
        I hope his family can have peace now.

Comment

I met the man on more than one occasion. I was pretty young the first time when father introduced me to him in a hospitality suite in the Hotel Saskatchewan. At that time I was in awe of him because he was very much a larger than life public figure. More recently I schmoozed him in receptions on the Hill and was less than impressed with his intellect. In fairness he was getting on in years at that time. It seems to me he has a fairly smart daughter who is also involved in politics or maybe works on the Hill BICBW.

My strongest memory of the first time I met the man was how large his hands were. You don't have to agree with his politics to agree that he was a very visible and memorable Canadian politician.

Comment

You had to throw "that juicy bit of information" in, eh Tom? Not a class act I must say.

Eugene Whelan worked FOR the farmers, not against them as some Ag Ministers have done. He will be remembered with fondness.

Comment

Willy,

What would you remember if a Senator threatened
              you...with jail... simply for standing up for what was
              our rightful property rights?

Hope folks understand no disrespect to his family was
              meant...

Comment

Reading your comments over time,wilagro.What would you know about class? Best wishes to Mr.Whelan's family by the way.

Comment

He worked only for his party line not the farmers, he only did harm to the Canadian grain industry by pushing for the incompentant CWB. May he rest in peace and we all move forward to better times.

Comment

tom you probably misunderstood when he
                    said you would be institutionalized.

Comment

jensend: Yes, He probably missed the: "sooner or later" part...LOL

Comment

my mom taught me if you don't have something good to say keep my lips closed... that's all I got to say about that..

Comment

When it came down to the nitty gritty Eugene Whelan gave the go to put up 2 new building in Regina. I think alot of farmers use those buildings . And yes it was HIS choice..And now you know the rest of the story.

Comment

I agree with Tipsy

Comment

Eugene Whelan R.I.P.

Please forgive me for hoping that some of his ideas like a beef marketing board, selling cattle in kilograms, and sending Tom to jail rest in peace too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...