• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spraying the 2013 crop!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraying the 2013 crop!

Well last week was a awesome week for spraying. NOT!
    50 70 90 Km winds and piss. Ok Tuesday and Wed was actually the best day so far this year to spray. Got lots done that day. Wild oats pressure is not that bad Volunteer canola is a problem.
    This week looks good now tomorrow and maybe Wednesday then maybe on the weekend.

Some of the chemical cocktails were using this year are centurion and pursuit on peas, Puma (hardly any WO so why pay to much)triton C.
    Puma and refine.
    Liberty full and Centurion full.
    RR by self.

Comment

So what is killing your thistles? We are using Simplicity Curtail M on the wht. and Transorb HC on the canola..Curtail is one of few that has Horsetail on the label..becoming an issue here..

Comment

A liter roundup in fall every fall every acre, in
        desiccation or after harvest!

Comment

2 one litre R-up in beans per season.

Comment

Monsanto has advertised quite a bit in the Western Producer that spraying above the old 1/2L rate is hurting your yield and producers need to practice stewardship and not do it.

That being said I sprayed a litre rate last year when things got later and I thought I would only get one pass in. I did notice that it was later then the stuff I hit at the normal rate. I might have lost a little yield but Ill sacrifice that for a clean field any day.

Comment

To wet today to spray. Will be able to go
              tomorrow. Finish the peas then on to the liberty!

Comment

We have been post havesting for a few yrs..still have those f-ing thistles..Trying the more expensive chems. now..

Comment

Monsanto caring about farmers using higher rates of glyphosate on their canola is an add campaign. They have a new line coming out that can handle higher rates. If you already do it without yield loss, how are they going to charge more for the new stuff

Comment

We were told about the New High Rate canola about 5 yrs. ago..Still no sign of it..

Comment

Whats everyones opinion on morning dew?do you
                      just say screw it and go or wait a bit?

Comment

IMO using more than 360g delays maturity, not sure about yield loss from appling more than that level, though. I think if your your fields are that dirty or you didn't burn-off, is where the yield loss comes in. Even when canola plants are small and you'd think there is lots of room in your field for both weeds and canola is when you can lose a surprising amount of yield, plus fertilizer you've applied(hurting yield later) I always burn-off now so those smaller plants have Zero competition. I also know time & weather don't always cooperate.
                        Also I always talk about glyphosate in terms of grams per acre. I hate when retails want to quote glyphosate in "old litres".

Comment

I don't like spraying with dew but, I suppose it depends on the forecast, and whether your behind or caught up, water volume, direction of breeze/neighbouring crops. I guess I will go if enough factors were pushing me.

Comment

According to the label you can do 2 x 0.5L/ac or 1 1L/ac quiv. applications.

We've done two x 1L... 5 weeks apart, didn't hurt the crop at all... depends on the year, weather, etc.

Spraying in dew is fine... we've done it quite a bit and get good kills, but we use SprayAir shearguard nozzles.

BTW... a little O/T Everyone complains about drift with the SprayAir wind booms... I sprayed gly on pre-emerge, wind blowing from east at 35k/hr, wheat field emerged west of mine. Not a single bit of drift.... only time you have drift from shear guards is when it's calm!

Comment

Thanks for those opinions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...