• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well Sask Crop Insurance changed the program mid stream!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots learned a hard lesson today on this program!

Comment

I have a real problem..I have duram growing right through cattails...am I insured or not??

Comment

Exactly. I have a fair amount of cat tails
        in my crops, lol.

Comment

I don't carry this crap insurance but doesn't the unplanted from flooded benefit have a percent acreage deductable on it from the years flooded past???? Otherwise someone could take advantage of it or possibly that is just what is happening like the wild life damage payouts to lands that never do grow a crop. Sask. did I thought you got it all planted. Anyways I got more acres planted that are currently under water.

Comment

Won't argue with the cat tail issue as have them growing in crop also. Make you wonder about the labour force these days.

Comment

Point being cattails in slough mean jack shit. Any one who farms in east sask knows they can grow any where.

Comment

This sucks, I wouldn't have bothered with the unseeded portion if I would have known. The only way it helps is if there is a complete disaster and you can't seed anything.....but of course 80% of the field would have cattails then.

Comment

Yea I look at it as a cash grab. Announced program changes in winter then after most farmers sign up change program. That's a great way to make cash.
                  When I phoned in the girl was surprised how calm I was since she was getting shit all day from other farmers. Some just wild, actually most were wild she said.

Comment

Find a use for the cat tails and get them
                    endorsed on crop insurance.
                    On dry years collect on the cat tails on
                    wet years collect on wheat.

Comment

So when I say that this boom is not good for everyone I got shunned, too funny. They need all the money some how they can get for roads hospitals etc. But yet we are told look at all the tax dollars this boom is bringing. F that roads are as shitty for us out here as they ever were, don t dare get a heart attack out here you re dead, if you make it to the hospital the door is locked or someone there that can t do anything anyway so order the coffin on the way.

Why isn t the crap insurance deadline like Alberta's.

Figure it out boys and girls. Farmer numbers are not increasing. Immigrants to work in oil and oil support are. Where are they going to vote?
                      And no nothing personal against those coming but this big boom is bullshit, shut it down. The land of clean air
                      water etc. is what we were known for, what are we racing towards? We are racing towards the problem many other countries can t handle and that is too many people. How stupid.

Comment

E-mails to Ritz on this crop Ins fraud - everyone do it......

Comment

Imagine the fights between renters and land lords

Comment

I hate to keep repeating myself but I have said
                            it on here before that this government as well
                            as federal (especially federal) now has to work
                            on keeping the city vote. Not to pick on
                            anyone, but Saskfarmer will you vote for
                            Liberal or NDP next election? They know they
                            have the rural vote, and they know by getting
                            rid of CWB, the vast majority of rural will be
                            there buddies FOREVER.
                            Like I have always been told, Government are
                            long term planners, while most farmers plan
                            short term.

Comment

Anyone know the state of finances at crop
                              insurance?

Comment

That's fine they can send back the years of premiums I paid for and re-calculate my yields based on that area per field.

I suspect they will end up owing alot more than the too wet.

Like I said in another thread, voted conservative but there are some dummies running the show.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...